Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Lightweight .44?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Interesting about Tarus

Considering the Taurus QA & ISO program as considered one of the best in the industry I guess I should be careful with all manufacturers before buying a new firearm!

My last new revolver purchase attempt was a Cimmeron Thunderer and it was a totally useless piece of junk the timing was so messed up that was incapable of even firing. I made them take it back after their 3 attempts to fix it.

I read someones post here somewhere about the same things happening to S&W revolvers. Never heard of that happening in my 45 years of shooting history.

Lately I have been buying used guns and rebuilding them. And that has been great fun. Haven't bought a new firearm in a while but was looking at the Taurus PT 1911.

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #12

I personally would stay away from a Taurus. I had one bad experience with the only one I ever owned. Reading on several other forums all the Taurus horror stories.Allot were complaints of Taurus's terrible customer service.I expect good CS from a company. If I can't get it I buy elsewhere.
That one I had bought came and went fast and there will never be another Taurus in my house.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Poolshark13,
I have a Rageing Bull that has never given me a problem. BUT !!! I have 2 friends that have had bad problems with their guns and both took over 6 mo. to get straightened out. Their customer service sucks bad. 1 gun was never fired and the other had about 2 boxes of ammo through it.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
J_B

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I shot my first Taurus Tracker 44C loose, and the shop I got it at replaced it for free sending the other one back to Taurus. I did keep the second one for a bit and then sold it off as I really want a 329PD or Night Guard instead. Now if I find a used 629 like the ES for as great of deal as I got my current 629 6" then I would take that hands down.

The 329PD is a nice light carry gun, that I have handled. You just don't want to give it a constant diet of serious loads.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

One of the things you have to consider about the S&W model 329 is that the recoil will actually cause bullets to back out of the case until they bind up the revolver unless you use the correct loads for it. Stick with lightweight jacketed bullets firmly crimped in case and you should be ok. If I was in market for what you want,my choice would be the 329. Be SURE and get comfortable rubber grips for it that fit you well as it has nasty recoil but is still controllable. I would start practicing with midrange loads until I got used to shooting it.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #16

I was in a local gun shop today and noticed a new 329PD in the case. The dealer said he ordered it for a customer, who later backed out of the deal after reading about its brutal recoil on the net.(here maybe?) He offered it to me for his cost of $790. I was very impressed with how light it was. I have .22's that weigh more!. It had the Hi-Viz front sight, which I like, but the rear sight was a "V" notch that I didn't really care for. It also had wooden grips that didn't look too comfortable. A gun with a reputation for recoil like this really should come with rubber grips from the factory. I thought it over for a few minutes and declined the offer. Realistically though, I already have a 29-6 (6") and a 629-5 (3") that I hardly ever use. I just don't need another .44 taking up space in the safe. I really wanted a 627, 8-shot, with the slab-side barrel, but they didn't have one in stock.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa