LCR vs S&W 642 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

LCR vs S&W 642


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Here's the one I"m using right now, works well in front and rear pocket.

Picture: http://imgur.com/a/dptpn#zkjVp
__________________
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.
Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Thanks canebrake for the recommendation. It looks pretty interesting after looking into it. I might try it out.
kalboy26 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1464 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalboy26 View Post
Thanks canebrake for the recommendation. It looks pretty interesting after looking into it. I might try it out.
Don't get me wrong, I love my S&W wheel guns (M19 and M29) but for carry you just can't beat the Ruger LCR.

It is a natural pointer and by far the best point shooting handgun I own. (And you don't need the 357 mag.)

Shoot 38 spl target loads for practice and use these for PD carry;

Buffalo Bore Heavy .38 Special +P Ammo - 158 gr. L.S.W.C.H.P. --G.C. (1,000fps/M.E. 351 ft.lbs.)

Buffalo Bore - .38 Special +P

Once you start carrying with the Remora Holster you will forget about leather! And where else in our expensive hobby can you get a bargain like a $25 holster? (That works!)
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love my S&W wheel guns (M19 and M29) but for carry you just can't beat the Ruger LCR.

It is a natural pointer and by far the best point shooting handgun I own. (And you don't need the 357 mag.)

Shoot 38 spl target loads for practice and use these for PD carry;

Buffalo Bore Heavy .38 Special +P Ammo - 158 gr. L.S.W.C.H.P. --G.C. (1,000fps/M.E. 351 ft.lbs.)

Buffalo Bore - .38 Special +P

Once you start carrying with the Remora Holster you will forget about leather! And where else in our expensive hobby can you get a bargain like a $25 holster? (That works!)
I agree with this opinion 100%, it's the same experience I've had with the firearm. Maybe it's just that I'm really comfortable with LCR but I can pick it up without aiming too hard and hit the target with all five rounds, with others such as the LCP, I have to squint and try hard, carefully pull the trigger just right to hit the paper and the 380 pfft, forget about it but granted I've shot it a bunch, thousands of rounds.
__________________
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.
Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
DX1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 21
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Also completely agree on the LCR and Remora.
DX1 is offline  
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #16
mcb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 534
Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

I have a 642CT. I finally had the opportunity to shoot an LCR recently. It does have a very nice trigger.
mcb is offline  
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Well, Ive decided on the lcr. I'm gonna have to try out the remora holster too I think. Both seem like great guns, but that trigger on the lcr is too good. For you people that use the remora, is that your everyday holster?
kalboy26 is offline  
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RevDerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Snover, MI
Posts: 222
Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalboy26 View Post
Well, Ive decided on the lcr. I'm gonna have to try out the remora holster too I think. Both seem like great guns, but that trigger on the lcr is too good. For you people that use the remora, is that your everyday holster?
Good for you! Have you already found one? I know that they are becoming a bit scarce. I tried to order one from my LGS and his distributor didn't have any available so I let my fingers do the walking and found one on Gunbroker for what I thought was a knockout price - $419 delivered.
__________________
VietNam Era Vet. USN/USNR NRA, GOA
"If you desire peace, prepare for war."
RevDerb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default

When i first held the LCR, it seemed like a toy, it was so light. I was a little hesitant about shooting it. 150 rounds later, its my favorite to shoot--something about the whole package, the grip, the sight picture--handles recoil beautifully--it's more accurate than me--I'm loving it. Just ordered a Remora and it seems the carry options are unlimited--Ruger really has a winner in this one.
bullseyebanana is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebanana View Post
When i first held the LCR, it seemed like a toy, it was so light. I was a little hesitant about shooting it. 150 rounds later, its my favorite to shoot--something about the whole package, the grip, the sight picture--handles recoil beautifully--it's more accurate than me--I'm loving it. Just ordered a Remora and it seems the carry options are unlimited--Ruger really has a winner in this one.
This x 100, I'm not a total noob, this isn't the first gun I've shot but it's my absolute favorite firearm right now, I love it and I've put 1500 rounds at the very least through mine.
__________________
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.
Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes