LCR Upgrade
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > LCR Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default LCR Upgrade

If you have the Ruger LCR you have got to get the HI VIZ Handgun Sight p/n LCR2010.

I mostly point shoot my Elsie Ahrrr but when I sight shoot, there's a great deal left to desire. This HI VIZ upgrade is something Ruger should have offered as standard equipment or at least, an option.

I got mine on DVOR for <$30 and worth every penny.

All you need is a bench block, brass hammer and a 1/16" punch. Drive out the sight roll pin, lift the old sight off the barrel and reverse the procedure to install the HI VIZ light pipe. Maybe 10 minutes including rounding up the tools.

Great addition to my Elsie!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

very nice upgrade Cane. good information. the hi-viz sights definately help in getting a better sight picture.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #3

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That looks good also. Is there any way you could post a pic of your sight picture please? My MIL is looking to upgrade her sights on her Lcr and I would like to show here that one.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I bought one and installed it. It is a nice upgrade. I did have a little trouble installing the new one in that the new pin was difficult going in. I cleaned the pin and used some oil on it and got it installed. Just have to take your time and you won't have any problems installing one. MC

Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #5

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Major point over looked by so many, point shooting vs sight shooting. Looks like an awesome upgrade Cane. Wish I had an Elsie Ahrrr to try it out on.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

canebrake Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Very nice. I've though about getting one if these in the past but never followed through. My major concern was that it would stand a lot more proud than the original. Any problems with that?

Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #7

Liked 63 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's sound advise and a great enhancement to the LCR, I just wish they made a lower version of it for the rimfire LCRs. Someday perhaps if there is enough demand. These LCRs are fantastic point shooters and I finish every range session with at least a couple cylinder of point shooting. If you ever have to defend yourself for real with an LCR chances are point shooting is how you will engage. I highly encourage friends and others to practise this method of shooting.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #8

Liked 140 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 3

CANEBRAKE,

I too have an "Elsie" in 357 w/CT (ouch) grips. One of my carry weapons. Not as neat as yours I painted the front sight with high viz orange works fine. Also, I found some ammo from Magsafe, look it up,that have very fast and low weight bullets that are great for stopping bad guys. BTW other carry .45 XDs

Last edited by johnbrowning; 04-26-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added
canebrake Likes This 
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those kind of sights tend to hang up in some holsters so I do not use them anymore. I also point shoot and have been doing it since 1971 when our Government taught me how. What I do instead is put a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on my LCRs. Makes them fit in my pocket better and I actually like the grip better than the original. The laser also is better at night where a fiber optic sight is useless. Great for point shooting because the laser confirms what I am indexed on and all I need to do is see that laser near where I am pointing and fire. Works very well for me. As I said, I had some problems with some finely molded holsters not working out well with that sight.

The worst thing about getting old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

For senior citizen gun resources please visit http://www.oldgunhand.com