Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Lcr .38 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/lcr-38-a-56942/)

fupuk 02-03-2012 11:46 PM

Lcr .38

Went to the range this morning with my oldlady and we didnt bring any of our guns we wanted to rent a few and try. We rented a S&W 629 .44mag and i loved it, great gun. Also rented a Berreta storm px4 9mm carbine. Its a great gun also. And we rented the Ruger LCR because she was looking at getting one for her edc and we both didnt like the gun. It didnt seem to shoot on target when we tried it and its even to small for her hands and shes tiny. Any one else try this gun out? And what did you think about it?

jmeekhof 02-03-2012 11:54 PM

The range I go to has free guns to borrow, so curious, what do most ranges charge to rent them?

vincent 02-03-2012 11:54 PM

I own one and I like it a lot...to each his/her own I reckon! :D It does take a little getting used to and it is tough to get tight groups at longer SD distances but then again, it's not my primary, but my BUG. .38's are much more manageable but for me, I loooove running .357's through it, like I said, to each his own! :cool:

jmeekhof 02-03-2012 11:55 PM

I have an lcp, a little bigger. Not bad for the price but definitely not a great range gun, okay for carry though.

HOSSFLY 02-04-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmeekhof (Post 698468)
I have an lcp, a little bigger. Not bad for the price but definitely not a great range gun, okay for carry though.

Thats kinda the point of handguns like the LCR & LCP -
They are NOT meant to be "range/plinking" or fun to shoot guns :confused:
They are made to CC & defend your life-
Too many want to much out of a handgun-
Gee I like to carry it but i cant hit beer cans at 30 yrds :(
A choice has to be made-
Thats why i own more than one gun tho :cool:

fupuk 02-04-2012 12:27 AM

I like the looks of the gun but if i cant get it to shoot a five inch target at seven yards with about twenty minutes of practice there is either one of two things wrong, the gun is broken or its not the right gun for me. And im 100% its the wrong gun for me. Like i posted earlier i was shooting the 629 and after twelve rounds i was hitting four inch groups at ten yards with really no practice with the handgun. But i do have a Gp 100 that i use on a regular basis so im familiar with the feel of a larger revolver. Every one ive talked to said nothing but good things about the LCR but i guess its not the right gun for me.

HOSSFLY 02-04-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fupuk (Post 698511)
I like the looks of the gun but if i cant get it to shoot a five inch target at seven yards with about twenty minutes of practice there is either one of two things wrong, the gun is broken or its not the right gun for me. And im 100% its the wrong gun for me. Like i posted earlier i was shooting the 629 and after twelve rounds i was hitting four inch groups at ten yards with really no practice with the handgun. But i do have a Gp 100 that i use on a regular basis so im familiar with the feel of a larger revolver. Every one ive talked to said nothing but good things about the LCR
Quote:

but i guess its not the right gun for me.

Thats the best way to learn - You might want to look at the Ruger SR9C if you decide on a semi-auto :cool:

fupuk 02-04-2012 12:53 AM

Were mostly looking for my oldlady, she has a glock 17 but she dosent want to carry it because there is no external saftey and with a fairly light trigger pull i told her to look at a smaller frame DA revolver and see how she likes that. Im gonna carry my Gp100 as soon as my CPL comes in the mail and i will be getting a Sp101 for when i want a smaller frame. Were just gonna have to go test drive some more firearms, dont that suck when you have to go to the range and shoot a few guns that you have never shot before?

jmeekhof 02-04-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Thats kinda the point of handguns like the LCR & LCP -
They are NOT meant to be "range/plinking" or fun to shoot guns :confused:
They are made to CC & defend your life-
Too many want to much out of a handgun-
Gee I like to carry it but i cant hit beer cans at 30 yrds :(
A choice has to be made-
Thats why i own more than one gun tho :cool:

Agreed. I didn't expect high accuracy over about 20 feet. Don't really need it in most SD situations. A lot of people dog these two guns out because of the trigger but I like the heavy DA pull, less chance of an AD.

HOSSFLY 02-04-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmeekhof (Post 698552)
Agreed. I didn't expect high accuracy over about 20 feet. Don't really need it in most SD situations. A lot of people dog these two guns out because of the trigger
Quote:

but I like the heavy DA pull, less chance of an AD.

Wise :cool: