Lcr 357
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Lcr 357

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Lcr 357

I'm about to pick up an LCR in 357 to wear as a back up gun on duty. I love the feel of the LCR but have not actually fired one. I've shot several S&W snubbies and think this one feels better in the hand, so I'm sure I will like the way it shoots. So...tell me your pros and cons about the LCR.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

What sold me was the trigger pull. A lot lighter and smoother than most I tried. You have snubby exp so the recoil may or may not have more bite than a steel frame to you. Can't think of any cons...she rides on my ankle and I hardly know it's there...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Even tho I like all the ruger designs this is on that personally I would not buy because some people were sayin that in that frame and with 357 mag it started to cut the top between the barrel and the cylinder in two I don't no how many rounds it was threw but that is what I herd about them but it might be a real good Cary gun

Old 12-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #4

There is one minor con that I thought of...when using a speedloader, the grip won't let you line up completely straight with the cylinder...some people will shave off some of the grip, I chose not to as it gets close enough to still be used. I carry speed strips anyways...just easier...that's really about all I can think of...

Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

My daughter carries an LCR in .357 and practices with the loads she carries. She has the Hogue Tamer grips on it and shoots about 200 rounds a week. She is 5'2 and 101 pounds, so she isn't a beefy woman. Her preferred load is Gold Dots in .357 magnum.

For those of you that worry about cutting from the flash, so far it doesn't seem to be an issue. She has just under 4,000 rounds of .357 through it and there is no unusual wear or damage.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to picking it up.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 12-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #7

I ended up going the LC9 route but had trigger time with the LCR 38 and S&W 442/642.

Loved the LCR trigger and the simplicity of the revolver - but couldn't pass up the deal and the thinner frame of the LC9.

Doing some research on the gun .... 5-Star speed loader Co. makes a speedloader specifically for the LCR that is all metal, high quality, and slightly smaller in diameter than the HKS to get past those amazing Hogue grips - never used one in person but the folks at Talon Training Group (Tallahassee FL) have a write up on their holster/LCR/5 star speed loader combo as well as some great YouTube videos. Check them out they may provide some great input.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCS55 View Post
I ended up going the LC9 route but had trigger time with the LCR 38 and S&W 442/642.

Loved the LCR trigger and the simplicity of the revolver - but couldn't pass up the deal and the thinner frame of the LC9.

Doing some research on the gun .... 5-Star speed loader Co. makes a speedloader specifically for the LCR that is all metal, high quality, and slightly smaller in diameter than the HKS to get past those amazing Hogue grips - never used one in person but the folks at Talon Training Group (Tallahassee FL) have a write up on their holster/LCR/5 star speed loader combo as well as some great YouTube videos. Check them out they may provide some great input.
Hmmm, thanks for the info!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #9

No problem! Enjoy that awesome purchase and have a safe holiday - shoot straight!

Newest Threads