Lcr-22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Lcr-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Lcr-22

Finally made it to the range with my new Ruger LCR-22, and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. This little Ruger exceeded all my expectations by a wide margin. The trigger though heavy was wonderfully smooth and easy to stage. I shot several hundred rounds during this initial range outing and ceased only when I ran out of ammo. The sights were perfectly regulated and the LCR shot to the POA with every load. The action was very smooth even as the gun got dirtier and dirtier, there was no binding and extraction was smooth. I can say enough how impressed I was with this Ruger. I'm a diehard Colt and S&W man so I'm not easily impressed. Anyone thinking of a small 22 revolver should consider an LCR.

dsc06697.jpg   dsc06632.jpg   stingers-7-yds..jpg   federal-710s-7-yds.jpg   dsc06698.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #2

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice grouping. What range were you shooting at? Ive only shot the .38spl version of this revolver. Its defenitley a nice firearm.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #3

I was shooting at 7, 10, 15 and 25 yards. The photos depict Stingers at 7 and the Federals at 10 yards. I too was suprised at the accuracy of this LCR. Next range session I'll do more at 25 yards and beyond.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

We bought my girl friend both the LCR 38 and the LCR 22. She practices 75% with the 22 and 25% with the 38. I have shot them both extensively and both are amazing little guns. Both are reliable as dirt, butter smooth trigger, light as a potato chip, and accurate as all heck. I have a Ruger GP100 and Ruger Redhawk. My girl friend had been shooting my guns for some time, but finally wanted her own gun/s. Even though I reload, we were shooting so much that I had a hard time keeping up. Hence the 22. While we practice "some" accuracy drills, most of the time we practice point and shoot a pie plate at 10 to 20 feet not using the sights. It's called "instinctive shooting". We all use it all the time like when throwing a baseball, or driving a car. We don't use sight for these things. Just eye to hand coordination. It just takes practice. And we practice "A LOT"! Drill after drill after drill. Scenario after scenario after scenario. I have a shooting range on my property and reclaim and recycle all our lead from my home made sand trap. I works pretty well. Casting my own bullets really helps to keep the cost down. My only recurring cost are for powder and primers. I can reload a box of 38's for $2.00. All this shooting and casting and reloading takes time, but it's extremely rewarding. And now that I'm retired, time is plentiful. Life is good ! ! ! Below is a nice video on the LCR 38. Note his long range accuracy with it. Don't tell me a snubby or mouse gun ain't accurate. You're gonna luv that LCR 22 Mag318 ! ! !

Don <><

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by genesis; 08-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #5

Genesis,
Retirement is a great thing isn't it? I was fortunate to have a LEO career that allowed me to retire at 55. Now like you I have more time to do the things I love like travelling and much more range time. Hickok45 is someone I subscribe to on YouTube and I like his style. Lately I've been on a 22 kick rediscovering this great little caliber that we all grew up with. The LCR-22 was a real suprise to me as I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. Here are 2 of my latest 22 acquisitions, I love quality revolvers.

dsc06777.jpg   dsc06803.jpg  

Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm thinking this may be the perfect range alternative to my larger caliber revolvers. Are there optional barrel lengths?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #7

As of now all the LCRs regardless of caliber have 2" barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I'm thinking this may be the perfect range alternative to my larger caliber revolvers. Are there optional barrel lengths?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #8

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Look at either the Sp101 i belive the .22 is a 4.2inch barrel, and this is Da/Sa. Or the single six, barrels range from 4.2in-9.5in's SAO. But either would be a great range gun. Im gonna be looking for a single six with a 9.5inch barrel this weekend.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #9

I couldn't agree more when it comes to the Single Six, these are really good revolvers that are available in several different barrel lengths.