Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Lcr?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lcr?

Has anyone got there hands on the new ruger LCR yet. Went back a few pages and didnt c any post on it just like to know how a poloymer revolver does in the field c if i need to replace my 442.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #2

I've messed with the LCR a bit. I passd it up as it seems like a "bic" in the world of ink pens. The cyl spin and pin just feels kinda funky. It is very light and with plus P's it ain't too bad to shoot. It shoots pretty well.

Personally, I think its kinda pricy for the "feel"

I can judge bad to shoot because I've fired a 454 cassul in a bond derringer, then had hand surgery.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

David, you need to check with Cane. He's been carrying one lately and seems to like it quite a lot.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco View Post
I can judge bad to shoot because I've fired a 454 cassul in a bond derringer, then had hand surgery.
How did u like the Bond? I have been on the edge of ordering one of the Texas Defenders.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Lcr

I had the oportunity of shoot Cane's LCR....
I love it, I was skeptical about shoot +P ammo from such lightweight revolver but I was wrong... is not that hard... you can get used to. As I said... is too light, you can forget it in your pocket, the D/A was not bad either.

Just a remainder of how much you can change your mind after try it
Then you try it and bacame this! or this!

This was mi very first 5 shoots with the LCR @15ft.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #6

I hope nobody thinks I don't like the LCR, I think its a fine little gun and could probably learn to love it real quick. I'm just a 357 person. I've ponderd purchasing one several times and considered the Hornady "critical defense" or some super powered stuff like http://www.rbcd.net/

David,

I am still a Bond freak eventhough I sold them at my wife's request and probably better judgement knowing me.

I had slim grips created by Terry fant, the guy who makes the grips.

Its about the strongest gun I've ever ran across, it held up to a 454!

The fact is, for real protection you'd be better served with another gun since it weighs as much as a larger capacity gun.

Despite the listed weight on the 45/410, the smaller the caliber the heavier it is.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07-27-2009 at 02:53 PM.