Judge or 45 colt gov
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Judge or 45 colt gov

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Judge or 45 colt gov

Hi
I am torn between the tarus judge and a 45 gov model yes I'm aware of the basic differences but I'm more interested in hearing the different uses as to what each is better suited for besides cool factor stuff basically I'm opinion hunting right now thank in advance

Even from the gates of heaven I saw there was a path to hell

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Taurus Judge is better suited as a novelty firearm, but it can also be used for home defense, anti car jacking, the range, and personal defense. The Colt Government Model 45 is better suited for home defense, carry, personal defense, and the range.

Regarding Taurus, generally their firearms are a hit or a miss. Where Colt is generally one of the best/better firearm manufacturers. Personally I would go with the Colt, because I love the 1911, and I know I'm getting a high quality firearm that will function properly.

If you really want to get something like the Judge I would recommend getting Smith and Wesson's Govenor model. It can fire .410 shells, .454 Casull cartridges, and .45 Colt cartridges.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #3

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

look into the smith&wesson govenor if you want something like the judge but built with quality,were not aloud to own the judge or govenor here in california other wise id have one.....by one i mean the smith&wesson

Old 07-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Since I am not sure if you are referring to the Colt Government 1911 or the S&W Governor, I will refer to both.

Pick of the two I would prefer the S&W Governor over the Tarus Judge. Unlike the Judge, the Governor can take .45 ACP in addition to the .45 Long Colt and .410. is better made and it is a S&W!

Now if you are talking about the .45 Colt Government 1911, hell yes, I would get it over the Tarus Judge hands down and for all the very reasons explained by Firearms4ever up there in his post. Besides, it's a Colt!

Hey if you get a chance stop by the INTRODUCTIONS thread and tell us a little about yourself and firearms interests so the members can say howdy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Since I am not sure if you are referring to the Colt Government 1911 or the S&W Governor, I will refer to both.

Pick of the two I would prefer the S&W Governor over the Tarus Judge. Unlike the Judge, the Governor can take .45 ACP in addition to the .45 Long Colt and .410. is better made and it is a S&W!

Now if you are talking about the .45 Colt Government 1911, hell yes, I would get it over the Tarus Judge hands down and for all the very reasons explained by Firearms4ever up there in his post. Besides, it's a Colt!

Hey if you get a chance stop by the INTRODUCTIONS thread and tell us a little about yourself and firearms interests so the members can say howdy!
This ^^ Agree 100%

Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #6

Ok I'll head over there and post a little something about me and my firearms and what not thanks for all the posts I had no clue the SW made a similar pistol but first I'll go with the colt then it when I post my bio you'll see why I said both not blowing my own horn it's just my hobby firearms that is but more the black weapon scene then anything else

Old 07-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #7

Ok well I've decided to go with the 1911 first but now I'm faced with a few more choices such as the following
Models
Sig sauer 1911 tac ops model on the fact I love sig and all the extras you get with it

Springfield's tac 1911 model although I'm not sure what all it comes with and have done more then sales counter research on it

Then the standard colt 1911 gov model on which I'd build to suit my style type thing

But then there's the point if I'm going to rebuild it anyway why not get a cheap one and go that route

Fire away gentleman

Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paccerelli
Ok well I've decided to go with the 1911 first but now I'm faced with a few more choices such as the following
Models
Sig sauer 1911 tac ops model on the fact I love sig and all the extras you get with it

Springfield's tac 1911 model although I'm not sure what all it comes with and have done more then sales counter research on it

Then the standard colt 1911 gov model on which I'd build to suit my style type thing

But then there's the point if I'm going to rebuild it anyway why not get a cheap one and go that route

Fire away gentleman

I got a colt gold cup, its perfect and the only thing I changed was the grips. Just a thought.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What are some of the extras you're looking for or what are the things you want to do to the firearm?

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #10

Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Springfield Tac.