Judge - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Judge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Judge!

The Judge is what a revolver SHOULD be! wish they could make a Semi-Auto judge lol if they did i would carry only it on my site! lol BOOM baby BOOM!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Those are some serious backwoods hand cannons.

For those of you who own Judges, what is your intended use for them?
Mine is a carry gun in my truck - lies right beside me whenever I drive. No buttons, no levers, no slide racking - just point and squeeze. Any confrontations encountered in my truck would most likely be well within the effective range, and I think the psycological effect would be nearly equal to the physical.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #13

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Those are some serious backwoods hand cannons.

For those of you who own Judges, what is your intended use for them?
My house is 1090 square feet. There is no location in the house that puts you more than 20 ft. from someone. If someone were to break in, you would not have time to lift a 12 ga., and I think the Judge gives a little margin for aiming error.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #14

I use my Judge for home defense, I also use it for open carry ,(That's legal where I live), when catfishing. My father was shot by a robber one night while fishing long ago, it won't happen to me, if I can help it. And I've never had an "issue" with my Judge, I've put plenty of ordinance through it, no failures yet, no complaints.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Judge has been our number one selling handgun for the past two years and I ain't heard one complaint. Taurus offers a lifetime warranty and their customer service isn't at all shabby either. Hell of a snake gun IMHO. Joe

Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ours is my wife's bedside weapon. I replaced the "ribber" grip with a Hogue. It's much more comfortable. I keep a Colt King Cobra on my side...
judge.jpg  

Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #17

Well, with the number of people being attacked on the street, Rapes, Murders, Car Jackings and all the other low lifes causing bodily harm to the general public, I thought maybe if those things happen while I'm around, I'd point it in their direction, pull the trigger a few times and see if they can carry that much lead when they walk.

Just joking, of course, but this thing would be hard to miss a person with at 20 or 25 ft, and since I am 70 yrs. old, my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.

I can still hit what I aim at with my 1911 .45 cal. but this thing the Cat's Meow. Lol

Old 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

The Winchester 2.5" shell has 3- 000 buckshot and the 3" shell has 5- 000 buckshot. 000 is approximately .36 caliber. I have some .357 mag loads that have 2-000 buckshot. They strike about 1" apart at 7 yards. Those 5 pellet loads make a 410 shotgun a lot better house or shft gun than the old loads. You can carry a lot more 410 shells than 12 gauge shells. Easier to shoot and lighter to carry. Easy for the wife to handle. Has me thinking.
There are some handloaders experimenting with .357 hollow base 147 gr wadcutters as slug loads. Usually 2 per load.
S&W now has the Governor out to compete with the Taurus.

Last edited by JTJ; 10-17-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

After some trial & error, I have found that my wife can hit a small 6" target at 15 feet best with #4 shot. Most all the pellets hit in the 6" circle with devastating results. The worst ammo was 45 Colts, which tended to key-hole every shot. The good news is... a tumbling 45 Colt makes a really nasty wound if you hit the assailant.