Interarms Va Dragoon .44

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Interarms Va Dragoon .44

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Interarms Va Dragoon .44

I have an opportunity to pick up an Interarms Virginian Dragoon in .44mag with a 6" barrell that was made around 1977. Anybody had any experience with these? I used to have one in .357 and have somewhat regretted getting rid of it.

How well do they hold up to the heavy loads? I am thinking of it for hunting with and shooting primarily heavy cast bullets.

Thanks for any input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have a .44 mag that I hunt with. While its not the best thing on the market it serves its purpose very well. I have taken a couple deer with mine with handlaods that are moderatly hot. I see no reason given the riflings that you couldn't shoot cast loads. Cast loads generally are not as hot as copper jacket bullets anyway. I would say if its rasonable and you like it get it...but I say that with all firearms....lol

Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_man View Post
I have an opportunity to pick up an Interarms Virginian Dragoon in .44mag with a 6" barrell that was made around 1977. Anybody had any experience with these? I used to have one in .357 and have somewhat regretted getting rid of it.

How well do they hold up to the heavy loads? I am thinking of it for hunting with and shooting primarily heavy cast bullets.

Thanks for any input.
I had a friend years back that had one and I got to shoot it a few times. It seemed well made and beefy enough. While I don't think I would run super hot "Ruger" loads through one I don't see how moderate use of regular heavy hardcast loads would hurt.