Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > I'm looking for a cheap 357 mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
BH, how can you say that a $500 gun will worth $800 in a few years, and that a $400 gun will only be worth $250? i'm sorry, but that makes no sense.
Whatever. Track S+W prices over the years and compare to Taurus. Track Browning HI-Power prices and compare to HP clones. The quality guns always go up over time, the prices are a matter of record. The others don't.

I am also philosophically opposed to buying a gun I don't consider to have quality I believe in.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #32

cheap? try Rossi 971 .357 magnum, mine has a 4" barrel, it isnt bad at all. they run around 300$.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19872 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50102

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
Whatever. Track S+W prices over the years and compare to Taurus. Track Browning HI-Power prices and compare to HP clones. The quality guns always go up over time, the prices are a matter of record. The others don't.

I am also philosophically opposed to buying a gun I don't consider to have quality I believe in.
then you are biased and narrowmided. just because it does not have the name S & W, Colt, Browning or Remington on it does not mean that it is inferior and lacking in quality. you are entitled to your opinion, but you will miss a lot of nice, quality firearms because you limit your choices and that is your right. agree that you have the right to your opinion, but i don't agree with your opinion. granted some name brand guns will more than likely hold or raise in value, but a lesser cost gun that performs like it should each and everytime, is accurate, durable and well made out of quality materials is nothing to laugh at. IMO, i believe that any item that is manmade is subject to failure, regardless of name or price. another point i will add, if a name brand pistol (Smith&Wesson) is neglected and abused, VS. a lower cost pistol (Taurus) that is taken care of and maintained, which would be wrth more and would you trust your life with?