Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > i think i robbed somebody?colt trooper 200.00+more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i know i'm just a terrible POS...but sense i'm getting this negative feedback, i must some what tell more of the story....the woman told me she didnt want anything that reminded her of him and i was lucky that i showed up when i did.the other 10% of the small collection (10%just firearms) was giving away to friends of her son...and there were pretty expensive firearms(colt python,anaconda,king cobra)just to name 3,his friends would have got the trooper also if it wouldnt have been stashed where she found it.alot more ammo..more than i got or ever will have,brass (lots),and over 2tons of clean melted into 1lb ingots lead.:/...her house was being foreclosed on,at the same time she was having car troubles..when i first talked to her about her wanting to sell the guns n everything else,i suggested that she take them to a gun dealer...(most are worst than pawn brokers)when trying to get cash money!she told me a little about how she was feeling & her problems so... thats when i told her to tell me what she wanted and the rest was fate?as for most the long guns...surplus military,mosins(5),sks(2),mausers...i gave a hell of alot more than what most would have giving her for the surplus rifles...as for the ammo...80% of it is all reloads and mostly cast bullets...so i guess if i was in the wrong and karma catches up to me...maybe i'll get a facefull of steel,brass,and powder from a double or triple charge from her exhusband?...pray for me...

Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #22
JNA

Im surprised at these negative posts. I thought American cowboys were used to capitalism and buying stuff for something below its price, why is this making everyone upset?

Anyways, you should at least help her in some way.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 AM   #23
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNA View Post
The Garand? Didnt they have anything else [Apart from the Springfield, which you should have took]?
The M1 Garand is a truly wonderful rifle...even more have you check the price they are selling for these days???

Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 AM   #24
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNA View Post
Im surprised at these negative posts. I thought American cowboys were used to capitalism and buying stuff for something below its price, why is this making everyone upset?

Anyways, you should at least help her in some way.
JNA,
Sorry to burst your bubble but most americans aren't cowboys. Even more we Americans truly like to buy items at a value but most of us don't take advantage of a situation. We are honest and while we like a deal we also what it to be a fair deal for both parties.

Capitlism? your going to define what you think that is as clearly we don't understand the meaning the same.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'll have to stand alone on this, since others here think you're a clever guy and a wheeler dealer.

You now know what all of those firearms and ammunition are really worth. A man of integrity would pay that widow what they are worth. Even if it's after the fact.

You are no longer ignorant of the value of what you have purchased. However, you are ignorant about the value of character.

P.S. I also find it impossible to believe that you thought a Colt Trooper and four thousand rounds for $200. was a fair price. And then you went back for more.
the woman told me she didnt want anything that reminded her of him and i was lucky that i showed up when i did

Yeah right, posting this crap after getting negative posts, get lost - I agree you ripped that woman in her time of need and you know what "What goes around - Comes around" don't forget that Mr - your a POS ...

Last edited by roadglider; 05-11-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i was just wondering how anyone else would feel if they came across a deal of the century...a good friend of mine,mothers husband passed a lil while back...he told me his mom was selling everything the man had.guns,ammo,parts,reloading equ.,moulds,safes,ect...well long story short it took me about 4 months to buy 90% of what this guy had...i told the woman she give me a price and i would buy...well one of these awsome deals was a atleast 95%blued colt trooper mk3 in .357 cal.she told me she wanted 200.00 bucks for the wheel gun and i could have all the ammo with it...ammo was 2500+rds of .38spl. and another 1500rds+ of .357 everything from semi wad cutters to hpfmj's....i didnt know what the gun was worth till i started looking around...the guy @ the local gunshop has one of these same troopers but in really rough shape (compaired to mine anyways) and had 500.00bucks on the price tag...does that sound about right?..anywas like i said before i hate that i robbed this woman but at the time i didnt really know anything about colts or wheel guns and still dont...not like some of ya'll out there...well i felt bad so i went back the next week and bought a ruger super black hawk in .44mag and it too had about 3000rds with it...well now she has nothing else left i can say that my ammo count is in the 80k range and have 28 more guns and all reloading dies n extras to go with all cal. guns purchased from her...of course i didnt spend over 3k for everything...sound like a pretty good deal?
I won't get jugdemental here. You were at the right place at the right time. I would have jumped on that deal INSTANTLY. I can't say weather I'd throw in a few extra bucks or not... It really doesn't matter though. The woman said what she wanted and you accepted... THAT'S A WIN/WIN situation for both of you. It doesn't matter what anyone else "thinks" they would have done. They weren't there!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #27

I wouldnt feel too bad, if she wanted the actual amount for the weapons she would of done some kind of research. She was probably trying to get rid of them quickly anyways; isnt there like a certain amount of time she has to hold on to them? If it makes you feel better I think you and her are on the same boat, her for getting rid of her late husbands memories, and you for ripping off a widow........I would of done the same as you, just not of felt the guilt.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #28

i wouldn't have felt the guilt of this one either. it sounds to me like she got what she was looking for which was to get rid of all she had so that when they took the house she wouldnt have to lug all this crap around. repairing her car should of been more than enough to make up for any guilt you were feeling. i know them sebrings are a pain to work on & not cheap at all.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #29

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Let's all stop trying to book m72law on a guilt trip!

He posted a honest question and I think we owe him to respond in kind. That is to speak your opinion with an economy of words and not open a flame.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of heated responses were from those of you that have not dealt with real grief!!

DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A REQUEST FOR YOU TO LIST YOUR LOSSES! I do not and will not argue with you about the definition of grief!

Just listen to my reasoning. We all have a set of basic parameters programmed into our psyche. (Mine happens to be a proclivity for Colt 1911s) Some (including Mrs. Canebrake) have absolutely no desire to fire a gun, and find others with the incessant love of guns a bit unhealthy.

I’m sure; God I hate to think about it, when I go she will have the kids remove all weapons from the house. My guess will be safety first, (Because I’m anal about it and she is totally ignorant of guns period!) and second would be the reminders they would present.

Grief, and dealing with it, is as diverse as our fingerprints! We were NOT there! After finding the remaining gun, who knows what thoughts went through her head?

m72law you may very well have saved her life!

Sleep well my brother.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #30

Default You did nothing wrong

I have had the misfortune of holding three estate sales in two years. For a grieving loved one, just getting it done is what matters. You got a good deal, she got money she didn't have before. It sounds like you're being a good neighbor to her. Buy her a small gift if it makes you feel better, but you are not under any obligation to her.

Last edited by canebrake; 05-12-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Thanks Lefty, cane