i think i robbed somebody?colt trooper 200.00+more - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > i think i robbed somebody?colt trooper 200.00+more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 02:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

You shouldn't feel bad for it. Your not taking advantage of someone. She's offering. Your buying.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I would've bought the revolver also. I would've given a little more because of the ammo, though (that's just me, though).

Heck, I didn't even know that it was worth a decent amount until it was mentioned in this thread.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

"well i felt bad so i went back the next week and bought a ruger super black hawk in .44mag and it too had about 3000rds with it...well now she has nothing else left i can say that my ammo count is in the 80k range and have 28 more guns and all reloading dies n extras to go with all cal. guns purchased from her...of course i didnt spend over 3k for everything...sound like a pretty good deal?

Do the math.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #14

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Chill guys, m72law's karma is in balance. Let it be.

Did you hear the one about ................

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
JNA

Take it easy yuleh, you arent guilty for anything.

She gave you a price, you bought it. Its her fault she gave such a low price.

But if you were a nice man, and you seem like you are [As you seem guilty and upset about how you got enough firearms to start a gang for a cheap price], you should do something kind for her.

You fixed her car, free of charge. Thats good, but I doubt it would have amounted to the original price of all the crap you got.

If I were you, id get her a not-really-expensive gift. Id get a really fine set of cutlery, or maybe a REALLY nice painting. It will make you feel better with yourself, trust me. Ive been through a similar path [But with a lack of guns ]

EDIT: If you do get her something, though, she might think your trying to hook up with her [Mad world, innit?]. So you should make up a reason for getting her a present. Say something like "I just checked on the internet and the Ruger I bought from you is actually much cheaper than it should be, so I thought id make up for the amount with this gift...", or maybe "Ive been going through my garage and I found this very nice painting. I was thinking about what to do with it when I realised that it would look absolutely wonderful with the wallpaper in your living room, dont you think so aswell?'

Something along those lines.

Last edited by JNA; 04-18-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #16

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

She is I bet more than happy that everything sold for a decent price. I would just keep in touch and offer to help her with anything she needed in the future. That is me though.

And as a side note. you can kiss my furry white azz getting a deal like that. I can never find deals like that. I get the guys that have a lorcin and think they have a $5000 handgun.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 AM   #17
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Eight years ago this summer I went to a yard sale and spotted a TC barrel. While I was looking it over a guy came over and asked if I knew what it was. I told him that I did and would like to buy it and he said $10. I told him it was worth more like $100 he siad he was fine with selling it for $10 if I could tell him more about some other guns that were his Dad's. I went into the house and looked at fifteen rifles. I told him what I knew of them and he asked how much they were worth. I didn't know but gave prices that I would pay for them and suggested that he take them to a local gun store. I gave him my phone number and he called the following week and asked if I would go to the gun store with him. We met up that weekend and took the rifles to the store where they offered more than I would have paid for them. The guy was pretty happy and sold all of the rifles on the spot. With the dealer was writting the sale up the guy asked me to pick one of the rifles I would like to have as a thank you. I picked a M1 Garand, the dealer said that I should have picked the Springfield M1903. He may of been right but I like the M1. The guy was pretty excited with the sale and thanked me for being honest, I was prety excited and thanked him for the Garand. I asked him why his Dad had the TC barrel and he said he had now idea. A few months latter he called me and said he found a gun part and a box of ammo. I went over to discover it was the rest of the TC, I told him it was worth at least $250, he said that if I took the box of ammo I cold have it. The box of ammo was 600+ rounds of ammo for all the rifles his Dad owned. I told him that I would take the ammo and find a good home for what I can't use but the TC frame was worth $250. He wouldn't hear of it, he was truly happy for my treating him right and to him it was just a hunk of metal so he was happy to give it to me.

So long story short I could have taken advantage of the situation but I didn't, In return I got a TC barrel for $10, a M1 Garand for free and a TC frame for free. I can say honesty pays well. I also made a friend. Doing right doesn't always pay off as simple as what I expressed but it pays off in how you live your life and the person you are.

Taking the old woman's husband gun collection to a good dealer would have limited your ability to buy them at less than half value but who knows what you would have gotten for doing right. Someday we all get old and to expect those in the next generation to treat us fair is truly up to us based on the example set.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #18

I would have probably given her a little extra as a nice gesture. You did good and got a great deal, congrats.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
JNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I picked a M1 Garand, the dealer said that I should have picked the Springfield M1903.
The Garand? Didnt they have anything else [Apart from the Springfield, which you should have took]?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'll have to stand alone on this, since others here think you're a clever guy and a wheeler dealer.

You now know what all of those firearms and ammunition are really worth. A man of integrity would pay that widow what they are worth. Even if it's after the fact.

You are no longer ignorant of the value of what you have purchased. However, you are ignorant about the value of character.

P.S. I also find it impossible to believe that you thought a Colt Trooper and four thousand rounds for $200. was a fair price. And then you went back for more.

+1

It wasn't "her" fault and for those of you who say so, well, maybe your mother will make a mistake and be taken advantage of by someone like this one day.

I know if it were my mother and I found out about I'd be looking for you to talk this out.

Your initial post was right. You robbed her! You took advantage of a grieving widows ignorance and she was probably desperate for money, leech.