Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   i think i robbed somebody?colt trooper 200.00+more (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/i-think-i-robbed-somebody-colt-trooper-200-00-more-12637/)

m72law 04-06-2009 11:43 PM

i think i robbed somebody?colt trooper 200.00+more

i was just wondering how anyone else would feel if they came across a deal of the century...a good friend of mine,mothers husband passed a lil while back...he told me his mom was selling everything the man had.guns,ammo,parts,reloading equ.,moulds,safes,ect...well long story short it took me about 4 months to buy 90% of what this guy had...i told the woman she give me a price and i would buy...well one of these awsome deals was a atleast 95%blued colt trooper mk3 in .357 cal.she told me she wanted 200.00 bucks for the wheel gun and i could have all the ammo with it...ammo was 2500+rds of .38spl. and another 1500rds+ of .357 everything from semi wad cutters to hpfmj's....i didnt know what the gun was worth till i started looking around...the guy @ the local gunshop has one of these same troopers but in really rough shape (compaired to mine anyways) and had 500.00bucks on the price tag...does that sound about right?..anywas like i said before i hate that i robbed this woman but at the time i didnt really know anything about colts or wheel guns and still dont...not like some of ya'll out there...well i felt bad so i went back the next week and bought a ruger super black hawk in .44mag and it too had about 3000rds with it...well now she has nothing else left i can say that my ammo count is in the 80k range and have 28 more guns and all reloading dies n extras to go with all cal. guns purchased from her...of course i didnt spend over 3k for everything...sound like a pretty good deal?

Dillinger 04-06-2009 11:48 PM

You better get your ass to church boy - you definitely got the Deal of the Century and you need to keep Fate happy by showing a little love....:D

Sounds like you got a hell of a good start to a collection, and since they were all second hand, no one knows WHAT you have over there...

Keep it that way. ;)

JD

m72law 04-07-2009 12:02 AM

will do!!!dillinger....hell i made over half my money back selling some parts and moulds on nongunlovin Evilbay.....i gave my father-n-law the blackhawk...with half the ammo i had....yes sir...out of sight out of mind...thanks

Mark F 04-17-2009 04:41 PM

Church ain't gonna make up for that THEFT!

CA357 04-17-2009 04:46 PM

No comment.

spittinfire 04-17-2009 05:17 PM

I'll give ya $300 for the trooper, you can keep the ammo....

CA357 04-17-2009 10:32 PM

I'll have to stand alone on this, since others here think you're a clever guy and a wheeler dealer.

You now know what all of those firearms and ammunition are really worth. A man of integrity would pay that widow what they are worth. Even if it's after the fact.

You are no longer ignorant of the value of what you have purchased. However, you are ignorant about the value of character.

P.S. I also find it impossible to believe that you thought a Colt Trooper and four thousand rounds for $200. was a fair price. And then you went back for more.

freefall 04-17-2009 11:55 PM

+1 ca.357. Said what I feel better than I would have said it.

m72law 04-18-2009 03:08 AM

well...

i did feel kinda bad about the whole deal a few weeks later and worked on her car free of charge & bought the parts(timingbelt,water pump,ect..)dodge sebring...mothf*%ker to work on...got the car running and she offered me a colt ar-15 carbine,+8k rds..long story short i did'nt take the ar though i guess i should have...sense she sold it to some guy for 400.00bucks,that worked with her...but yeah say i'm wrong for not offering her more for everything i bought from her...she named her OWN price.if it wasnt me & somebody else...they would have wound up in a overpriced pawhshop and she wouldnt have seen half the money she got from me and the other people...so i dont feel bad,so say all you want about my character...you dont know me,and i dont know any of you.so dont be bashing on people over the internet you dont know...that just shows me how much value of character ignorant people have..:)

CA357 04-18-2009 03:41 AM

You just proved my point.