Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > I shot my new .22...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default I shot my new .22...........

I took the new Single Six to the range Saturday, the one I recently picked up at the gun show. For ammunition, I had Winchester .22 L.R. HV, CCI .22 L.R. HV, Federal .22 Short, and CCI .22 CB Shorts. Bear in mind I have been .22-less for several years.

I bought some Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-See stick on targets, about 1 1/2" diameter, a trifle large for .22 but all I could find.

Shooting at thirty-five feet, the CCI L.R. stuff pretty well centered, and grouped. The .22 Short gave me some good accuracy. And the CB Shorts were, well, FUN!

Shooting a .22 is somewhat expensive now, not as economical as it once was. And certainly the gun is tame in recoil, almost non-existant.

My biggest problem was the sights, somewhat more narrow, both blade and notch, and I had to get used to the sights, as I had a tendency to let the front sight ride up somewhat.

But, its a keeper.

Bob Wright

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here