Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   I couldn't stand it any longer! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/i-couldnt-stand-any-longer-50155/)

Mark F 10-19-2011 08:15 PM

I couldn't stand it any longer!

2 Attachment(s)
Everyday I kept hearing this voice... "take me home", "take me home". Today I couldn't stand it any longer... saw em', bought em', and took em' home.

My new Ruger ALASKAN 44 Magnum... how sweet it is!

And another photo of it next to my brand new Smith & Wesson TALO 629-6.

Ain't Texas GREAT, or what?

yogiboobooranger 10-19-2011 08:26 PM

Take me Home...!!!

Great looking gun..always wanted one but dollars are slim pickin's right now. Besides I have one very close to that, a S&W model 657 .41 Mag. I reload and can build ammo that will meet or exceed any .44 Mag loads, much flatter shooting too. Again, great looking gun.

orangello 10-19-2011 08:33 PM

I have heard that the Ruger Alaskans finish holds up much better after a liberal application of bear blood.
;)
Beautiful!

fmj 10-19-2011 09:17 PM

TOO SWEEEET!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger (Post 605338)
Great looking gun..always wanted one but dollars are slim pickin's right now. Besides I have one very close to that, a S&W model 657 .41 Mag. I reload and can build ammo that will meet or exceed any .44 Mag loads, much flatter shooting too. Again, great looking gun.

A .41 is and has been on my wish list for a LONG time!!!

Firearms4ever 10-19-2011 09:20 PM

She looks like a winner ;).

PanBaccha 10-19-2011 11:25 PM

In a word: Ominous! :eek:

CA357 10-19-2011 11:42 PM

Congratulations. Now go shoot the heck out of 'em.

Mark F 10-25-2011 08:02 PM

My Latest Photo

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason, I just love this revolver. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it's the super-smooth DA that's as smooth as any high-end Smith & Wesson. Or, maybe it's the 2.5 pound SA pull, or the Fit & Finish which is the best Ruger has to offer, and it's superb!

Naw, it's the POWER HANDLING capability. I bought 2 boxes of Buffalo Bore Hard Cast HEAVY 340 grain +P+ ammo and my Alaskan eats it like Candy... I love my 629's but they simply can't handle 340's.

The Taylor KO on this ammo is equal to a 454 Casull, without the cost.

AIKIJUTSU 10-25-2011 09:31 PM

The Alaskan has a lot goin' for it. Good caliber for most of the lower 48. Heavy piece, should handle recoil well. Plus, it is a Ruger. Re the .41 mag folk - I love the .41 mag. I have a Dan wesson 41VH w/4, 6, 8" barrels. Also a S&W Model 58 w/4" barrel, but my favorite for camping, hiking, and hog hunting if my Ruger .42 Blackhawk w/6" barrel. I load my own, too. I remember a time when I was at an outdoor range shootin' my Blackhawk with some stout handloads, and a man and his teenage son came up to show off his S&W Model 29. He asked me what I was shooting, I told him a Ruger .41. He bragged about his Model 29, but when he was shooting it he had bad trouble with the recoil. He offered to let me shoot it, obviously expecting me to cringe and flinch, but since I had some .44 mags of my own, I just squeezed off a shot at my target, got lucky and hit the 10 ring. Then he insisted I do the other 5 rounds. So I did, then handed him his piece and said, "Smith makes good guns". Then he said he'd like his son to try my .41 mag, because the .44 was too hot for him. So I let his son shoot my Blackhawk, which he did with no trouble. Then "daddy-o" wanted to show off, so I let him shoot my Blackhawk. He obviously wasn't expecting the recoil from my 220 grain semiwadcutter at 1600+ feet/sec, flinched, dropped my gun and didn't want to shhot it any more. Lesson learned, I hope. :D Anyway, the Alaskan is great! Enjoy it.

AIKIJUTSU 10-25-2011 09:35 PM

Whoops, lotsa typo's - if my Ruger .42 should be is my Ruger .41
Didn't want to shhot it anymore should be didn't want to shoot it anymore.