Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > home defense weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Bee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default home defense weapon

I read an article about this gun about fifteen years ago and was wondering if anyone has heard of it. It is a large calibre hand gun that was manufactured in Florida. The calibre I think was 45-70 The cylinder was spring loaded and you wound it up with a key. It performed like a small Gattlin' gun. It is meant to be shot from the hip

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Not at all sure, but sounds like you may be describing the Stryker shotgun. These are now Class III destructive devices. Link for ya:Modern Firearms - Striker Streetsweeper Protecta shotgun

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I read an article about this gun about fifteen years ago and was wondering if anyone has heard of it. It is a large calibre hand gun that was manufactured in Florida. The calibre I think was 45-70 The cylinder was spring loaded and you wound it up with a key. It performed like a small Gattlin' gun. It is meant to be shot from the hip
Well, something like you described would be a class 3 item.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?