Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Holster for my S. Redhawk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default Holster for my S. Redhawk

A good friend of mine has been getting into leather work recently. I had been talking about making one for my Super Redhawk that is scoped and how I would go about it. My friend took this as a project he just had to do.
My idea was to make it where the holster would have a slot to allow the scope to be outside the holster but he would hear no part of that. He wanted to make the rig with everything covered. THe rig hangs like a horizontal shoulder rig. It wears real well but I still want to add another strap to stabilize it while moving around. I'm thinking about the strap going formth ebottom to mt belt kind o fliek a Bianchi Agent X rig. I've had a couple other suggestions to make the other strap like a Doc Holiday type thing. I'm not exactly sure what I"ll do just yet. I'd like to get back into hunting all together but I really want to do it with this pistol. It would be pretty easy to pack it around in this manner and every bit helps fo ran old gimped up bad back guy.

Anyway it's not quite done but I was pretty exited to get this far with it so I thought I'd share the love with y'all. Any way you slice it it's a lot of holster and I have zero dollars in it as we had the leather already form other projects. Sorry for the bad pix. I used my cell as I was WAY too lazy to look for my wife's DSLR
Lemme know what y'all think.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1391 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Look at a pilots shoulder holster for a 1911. That would just require a chest strap and maybe a longer shoulder strap. The sportsmans guide has the milsurp 1911 pilot holsters in stock if you want to see a photo.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 12-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 47

With a back that lets you know its there, perhaps attaching a leather holster to a vest may be benificial??? It would spread the weight .
Twenty-three years ago I punched my femur through my pelvis destroying the asertabulum (hope spelling is close) 40+screws, 6 plates, and 4 years later a full hip replacement all made sure I'd no longer carry my larger framed guns in a waist holster, even with the lighter stuff I wear suspenders. I see more and more LEOs wearing suspender type devices to help carry the load they pack.
Good luck to you!