heritage single action
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > heritage single action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default heritage single action

I was looking at one of there revolvers down at my local gun store, looked pretty nice single action 22lr comes with a 22 mag cylinder has the old school peace maker sights. All for a little less then $200 I was looking at it for trapping season and just plinking.

Do any of you guys have any experience with them? also how are the finish because it will get wet and muddy it will get cleaned regularly but I don't want to get a gun that will turn to rust after a few days.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I just picked up a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/22mag for $149.00. Its a nice piece but it has a grooved rear sight and a fixed front sight. It shoot left of center, so I was looking into having an adjustable rear sight put on it. The way it is now, it's not fun to shoot.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #3

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Do yourself a favor and buy a Ruger. I've owned two Heritage. Both I bought because they were real cheap and re-sold. I've had my Ruger for 39 years.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #4

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy a Ruger. I've owned two Heritage. Both I bought because they were real cheap and re-sold. I've had my Ruger for 39 years.
Agree because i've had at least 4 - all gone now-----
Get a used Ruger - not a new heritage

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #5

Location: Dallas... not willingly.,TEXAS... if I don't type it as big as possible, they'll kick me out.

I bought on of the heritages for 199 dollars at academy, which was a huge discount. Came in the box, two cylinders, etc. Made in America, well made and all. i was so happy.

But - upon firing the gun, the gate would fly open or bounce and close. The cartridges, fired or new, would slip out of the cylinder just far enough to hit the gate and hault cylinder rotation.

We took it back to the store and the gent noticed the magnum cylinder was in. He thought that was the problem.... ? No work was done on it.
We fired it again and the bounce was still there, the hang up was not.

The sights are fixed and never were aligned right. I don't know how to align them.

So the gun is what it is - a cheap plinker.

were there is a will, there is a way, even if it's not easily recognizable.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #6

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I just picked up a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/22mag for $149.00. Its a nice piece but it has a grooved rear sight and a fixed front sight. It shoot left of center, so I was looking into having an
Quote:
adjustable rear sight
put on it. The way it is now, it's not fun to shoot.
That wud be like putting a new steering wheel on a car with a bad front end

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #7

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

They have models with adjustable sights installed. I had one of the fixed sight ones though, i loved it, traded it for a 12ga mossberg, want another herritage, was very accurate and never had any problems

Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #8

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I don't buy ruger firearms, is there another company that makes a better single action 22 that won't break the bank?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #9

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

There are Colt single actions still around, they are good but you would have to find one.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #10

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I just picked up a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/22mag for $149.00. Its a nice piece but it has a grooved rear sight and a fixed front sight. It shoot left of center, so I was looking into having an adjustable rear sight put on it. The way it is now, it's not fun to shoot.
Put it in a vise and bend the front sight. That is what the "cowboys" did.
Problem solved. Now go out and enjoy the gun. I purchased one 2 years ago and have put over 50,000 rounds through it. (About 500 a week). Had to bend the front sight and grind it down a little, but it shoots just fine now. It is what it is, good cheap fun!