Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Heritage rough rider (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/heritage-rough-rider-69881/)

ineverFTF 08-08-2012 03:29 AM

Heritage rough rider
 
Anyone have experience with it? I have heard its an excellent gun. I want it for squirrel so i would buy the 22mag version. Just looking for 1st hand accounts.

tomingreeneco 08-08-2012 05:13 AM

I have had one for over two years. Have shot 1000's of rounds through it (about 300-400 rounds a week). Had to replace a couple of springs recently (inexpensive and easy to do). I do not use the mag cylinder. Bought it for cheap practice for CAS. It is what it is, an inexpensive .22 revolver. I believe the company has fixed some of the earlier problems they had with it (they used to have a plastic ejection rod). So if you buy one, buy new or not too old. For the price I would recommend one.

Rick1967 08-08-2012 05:21 AM

I have had mine for a long time. Probably at least 10 years. Actually I bet 15 years. I have thousands of rounds through it. Shoots great. Only problem I have ever had was a screw that worked loose.

towboater 08-08-2012 05:24 AM

No need of a 22 mag for squirrel. A cheap used bolt action 22lr would be much better

ineverFTF 08-08-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
No need of a 22 mag for squirrel. A cheap used bolt action 22lr would be much better

I have a good 22 rifle i want a handgun because i dont have one yet and i dont NEED a magnum for hunting but for 50+ yard shots i want the extra power.

hiwall 08-08-2012 02:21 PM

So you are planning to take 50+ yard shots at squirrels with a cheap revolver?

ineverFTF 08-08-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall
So you are planning to take 50+ yard shots at squirrels with a cheap revolver?

Not at all. Thats why i wanted some first hand accounts of how accurate it is. I think might just search around for a used ruger or taurus

HOSSFLY 08-08-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF (Post 896752)
I have a good 22 rifle i want a handgun because i dont have one yet and i dont NEED a magnum for hunting but for 50+ yard shots i want the extra power.

Great plinker for the money-
BUT forget about squirrel hunting at any distance with one- :o

ineverFTF 08-08-2012 05:12 PM

Alright thanks guys. I think i will just look for some used convertibles then.

HOSSFLY 08-08-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF (Post 897073)
Alright thanks guys. I think i will just look for some used convertibles then.

Gud choice- Try to find a Ruger Single six ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.