Heritage Rough Rider
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Heritage Rough Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Heritage Rough Rider

What are your opinions on this gun? I'm looking for a .22 caliber plinker that is fairly accurate, and around $200 or under. Also, any recommendations?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #2

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I have heard that they were pretty good,but for about $400 you can get the Ruger single six and it's 10x's the gun of the Rough Rider,in the long run you will be better off with the Ruger.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've had one, and my parents each have one now. They are decent, but I have to agree with Ninja.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth
I have heard that they were pretty good,but for about $400 you can get the Ruger single six and it's 10x's the gun of the Rough Rider,in the long run you will be better off with the Ruger.
I know the single six is a much better firearm. My dad is looking at buying a plinker, so I'm doing this for him basically. How much would a used single six cost roughly?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 AM   #5

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmidgets View Post
I know the single six is a much better firearm. My dad is looking at buying a plinker, so I'm doing this for him basically. How much would a used single six cost roughly?
Really depends on the specific version,I will throw out a guess and say maybe $300 for a used basic blued version at a gunshop.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth

Really depends on the specific version,I will throw out a guess and say maybe $300 for a used basic blued version at a gunshop.
Just a standard blued version. But it has to have the .22lr and .22 magnum cylinder. What about a cimmarion plinkerton?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #7

My heritage combo broke some dang spring broke in the mechanism but i still shoot it even tho the accuracy drastictly changed to spit but i love the gun i saved up all my pennys for her 6 inch barrel 22lr and 22magnum beautiful blueing nice wood handle ive killed rabbits birds snakes and uh o funnist thing ever to shoot a turtle specialy a 22 magnum ripping into one there real loud tho but accurate if not broke all around excelent gun to have id buy another one but im savin up for a heritage 32 auto revolver. I say get one mister youll be impressed

Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

PatricHarrison.

The only spring that I can think of that would effect accuracy is the one that applies tension for the cylinder alignment. On the rough rider it is a section of the leaf spring on the trigger and it presses the cylinder bolt into the notch on the cylinder to control alignment with the barrel. If the cylinder is not aligned properly, you are scraping some of the bullet off each time you fire, or worse.

Don't shoot your pistol again until checked and repaired for your own safety.

Sorry to sound like I'm lecturing you, but this is a really dangerous condition even in a
.22 cal.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #9

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I don't even know what all I broke in mine. I was fanning the hammer like an old west gunslinger (hey I was 15, forgive me) and the hammer stopped falling. Then I couldn't cock it anymore. Gave it to a buddy who is a shadetree gunsmith, who later said it just needed to go in the garbage. So we destroyed it beyond repair and tossed it. It didn't cost me much, I gave $20 and was supposed to pay $100 more, but the guy I was buying it from killed himself in a ATV wreck.

I don't really miss it, but I really enjoyed it while I had it. I got maybe 3k rounds through it before I broke the hell out of it.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #10

Howdy,
I have a Plinkerton and a Heritage. Both are good for what they are designed for. I like the Plinkerton because it is bigger and I have large hands. My lady friend likes the Heritage better. Accuracy is about the same for them. Both came with magnum and l.r. cylinders. Both are less than $200. My friend from down the road has the Ruger and it is better built but I can get 2 Plinkertons for one Ruger. If you are wanting a low priced plinker I would reccomend the Plinkerton. Have a goodun!!!!