Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Heritage MFG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Heritage MFG?

I am looking at getting a single action .22 lr revolver. I don't want to spend that much on one as it is just for plinking period. The heritage revolver I am looking at , looks very nice. My question is, is it an ok gun or a piece of crap? Like I said it is just for plinking and screwing around with. Let me know. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Heritage has been around for awhile, though I can't say for certain how long off the top of my head. I have seen two of their revolvers, but neither was the .22 caliber version. Their larger "cowboy" style guns are good, made of steel and 100% American made, but I wouldn't buy one and put it on display in a sealed case or anything. I tested a trigger job that my 'Smith did on one, the factory trigger was supposedly pretty rough. With the customer provided .44-40 ammo, the weapon was solid, performed as expected and grouped decently considering it's single action with fixed sights.

I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece of engineering or workmanship, and the factory warranty is about a year I think, but there was nothing technically "wrong" with the models I have played with.

For what it is worth....

JD

Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Heritage has been around for awhile, though I can't say for certain how long off the top of my head. I have seen two of their revolvers, but neither was the .22 caliber version. Their larger "cowboy" style guns are good, made of steel and 100% American made, but I wouldn't buy one and put it on display in a sealed case or anything. I tested a trigger job that my 'Smith did on one, the factory trigger was supposedly pretty rough. With the customer provided .44-40 ammo, the weapon was solid, performed as expected and grouped decently considering it's single action with fixed sights.

I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece of engineering or workmanship, and the factory warranty is about a year I think, but there was nothing technically "wrong" with the models I have played with.

For what it is worth....

JD

Thank you. That is pretty much what I need to hear. I think I am going to buy it. Thanks again Dillinger.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
Thank you. That is pretty much what I need to hear. I think I am going to buy it. Thanks again Dillinger.
Best of luck - make sure and dry fire it, to test that trigger, before you take final delivery. Let us know how it treats you...

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 06-30-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Painted Klown??? was going to buy one, I think. Haven't seen him/her post lately though. I've considered getting one just for range time/plinking too. I held one side by side with a Ruger and it's definitely lighter and a little smaller, but it seemed ok to me. For the price.....

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #6

Default I bought one of the .22 Heritage revolvers...

about a year ago. Bought the Heritage "Rough Rider" .22 with bird's head grips.

It came with a .22 magnum cylinder, instructions and a one year warranty. The gun shoots well, but does have fixed sights. I have shot it quite a bit, and have had no problems to date.

I honestly don't know about longevity, but I have certainly got my money's worth already. Fun, inexpensive and fairly well made, I would buy one again.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Last edited by allmons; 07-01-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #7

Default For a picture of a gun similar to mine,

see my photos in the revolver section on this web site.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
see my photos in the revolver section on this web site.

Looks good allmons. Thanks for the input. I thought it would be an alright gun just for plinking. It looks good and fairly well made. Plus for $160 bucks I figured what the hell.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #9

I've had no dealings with them.I'm not here to run it down and this is just hearsay.On other sites I heard quite abit about them. They seem to be fairly decent ,however I read where they didn't hold up very well.If it were me I would spend a little (okay allot more) and get the Ruger Single Six.For a plinker I guess it would fill your needs. For the long run I would go with the Single Six and be done with it.Plus a one year warranty isn't very long.I have never paid for a Ruger repair no matter how long I owned it.Like everything else you get what you pay for. Just like the Hi Points some like them and others have nothing good to say about them.Good luck whatever you decide on.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Last edited by Ruger Redhawk; 07-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.