Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Heritage Arms Revolver with a Red Dot (TRS-25) - Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Heritage Arms Revolver with a Red Dot (TRS-25) - Report

All,

Well, I got my daughter (KBStorm) to the range the other day, and she did GREAT with the gun. The red dot really helped out with her right hand / left eye cross dominance, and she had a blast. She's been asking me to take her to the range ever since.

Here's a pic of the gun:

Here's a video of our Gun Smith Scotty, putting the red dot on the gun:
http://youtu.be/Ng5Ejk8g8do
And here's my daughter's Video Review of her shooting experience:
http://youtu.be/tbu_JqwoQmw
I'm really proud of her!

Kalel

PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Your little girl sounds like a real sweetheart. Seems she really had a good time. Reminds me of when I got mine into shooting. Mine is not little anymore and off on her own. She still shoots, I got her a Sig 226 9mm a few years ago and she wants to see abut getting a couple more. I do miss her shooting with me all the time though

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Your little girl sounds like a real sweetheart. Seems she really had a good time. Reminds me of when I got mine into shooting. Mine is not little anymore and off on her own. She still shoots, I got her a Sig 226 9mm a few years ago and she wants to see abut getting a couple more. I do miss her shooting with me all the time though
I hope as she grows older, that she'll still wanna hang out with her old man. interests change... and quick! We did have a LOT of fun though.

Thanks for your story... I appreciate it.

PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!

Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #4

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looks great. I am very partial to bird's head grips. I just finally picked up a ruger 'old' vaquero with a bird's head and love it.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 05-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
DrumJunkie,

I'm trying to make the most out of our time while she's this young. I think I'm on to something here... she seems to really love to shoot now! I hope I can say the same thing about KB later in life as you can say about your daughter right now.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Looks great. I am very partial to bird's head grips. I just finally picked up a ruger 'old' vaquero with a bird's head and love it.
I'm really falling in love with the thing myself. We originally saw the Ruger Bearcat birds head (the ShopKeeper's model)... it's smaller, lighter and much prettier than the Heritage Arms. I was really tempted to buy it for my daughter, but I knew I was gonna put the red dot on it. A firearm as nice as the bearcat needs more respect than that... if you know what I mean.

Still, I'm proud of my daughter and her new found love for shooting. It gives us some really good quality time together... that's priceless.

Garadex Likes This