Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Help PLEASE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Hi there! Basic primer on buying a modern day firearm- if gun is crossing a state line, it must be shipped to a dealer in the state of the person receiving the gun. We can help you find a list of dealers that have signed up to do transfers.

FOID- Firearm Owners ID Card- requirement for the state of Illinois ONLY. If gun is going to anyone in Illinois, by state law, they must have one before they can touch a gun.

PS- NEVER use term Ex-Marine. They tend to get all red faced. Term is FORMER Marine. Ex Marine is one who has been booted out. (Dad of a retired Marine here)
Very true. Once you are one of the few you ARE ALWAYS one of the brotherhood.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #12

My apologies! I think that my dad would probably get red about that too I didn't think about it just trying to get help and not sound too stupid.......no disrespect usmc!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #13

there are also a couple on gunbroker.com all you usually have to do is find an ffl listed in your area ask them the laws on transfering it to you and have it shipped to them. they usually charge around $35 I have one here that will do it for $20 most of you pawn shops are ffl as well.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysgirl
My apologies! I think that my dad would probably get red about that too I didn't think about it just trying to get help and not sound too stupid.......no disrespect usmc!
None taken ma'am

Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6956 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysgirl View Post
the armslist.com one says I must have a FOID card??? LOL wth is that?........sorry, I am truly an idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysgirl View Post
I have family in Illinois an am checking to see if he has this card........is it easy to transfer ownership?
DG, I live in Illinois and you have to have a FOID card to purchase a gun here in Illinois. It is a $10 fee and an application needs to be filled out.

click here for application

If you are hoping to get this for him by Christmas, I don't think you'll have your FOID card in time to purchase a gun for him as a Christmas present but I'm sure he'll love the gun whenever he gets it. You are a very thoughtful and loving daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Hi there! Basic primer on buying a modern day firearm- if gun is crossing a state line, it must be shipped to a dealer in the state of the person receiving the gun. We can help you find a list of dealers that have signed up to do transfers.

FOID- Firearm Owners ID Card- requirement for the state of Illinois ONLY. If gun is going to anyone in Illinois, by state law, they must have one before they can touch a gun.

PS- NEVER use term Ex-Marine. They tend to get all red faced. Term is FORMER Marine. Ex Marine is one who has been booted out. (Dad of a retired Marine here)
I call every Marine (former or presently serving) a Marine. I thought 'once a Marine, always a Marine. No such thing as a 'former Marine', I thought.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-28-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

DG, I live in Illinois and you have to have a FOID card to purchase a gun here in Illinois. It is a $10 fee and an application needs to be filled out. FOID Card Application
If you are hoping to get this for him by Christmas, I don't think you'll have your FOID card in time to purchase a gun for him.

I call every Marine (former or presently serving) a Marine. I thought 'once a Marine, always a Marine. No such thing as a 'former Marine'.
Thats what we are woc-marines. Whether in or out of service

Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #17

Are you still in Ohio? If so you need to check with a local ffl. You should be able to have it shipped from anywhere

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #18

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

PS-
PHP Code:
 NEVER use term Ex-Marine
They tend to get all red faced. Term is FORMER Marine. Ex Marine is one who has been booted out. (Dad of a retired Marine here)
KEERECT
SEMPER FI

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Newest Threads