Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Help PLEASE!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/help-please-52610/)

daddysgirl 11-28-2011 01:25 AM

Help PLEASE!!

I am a 27 year old daughter of an ex-marine and I need your help............I am looking for a gun for my dad, I cannot find one for sale anywhere. My father owned a Ruger .480 revolver when I was a kid. A decade ago he sold this gun to help put food on the table after he had both legs amputated due to a hunting accident (fell from treestand). I know that this gun meant a lot to him, I would love to get it back for him for Christmas this year, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have searched the world over and am starting to lose hope. If you can help me out with this dilemna I would greatly appreciate it. I need to do this for my dad, I need to give him back something that he gave up so that my sister and I could survive.........Please help

fireguy 11-28-2011 01:32 AM

There are two listed on Gunsamerica.com. There are several on armslist.com as well. I don't know what state you are in, but good luck.

Marlinman 11-28-2011 01:33 AM

Contact sturm ruger and see what they have to help you ma'am. As a side note swing over to the intro section and tell us abit about yourself

daddysgirl 11-28-2011 01:44 AM

the armslist.com one says I must have a FOID card??? LOL wth is that?........sorry, I am truly an idiot

Marlinman 11-28-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddysgirl
the armslist.com one says I must have a FOID card??? LOL wth is that?........sorry, I am truly an idiot

Firearms Owner ID card. Also this is a place to learn. Everyone on here learns something reguarly if not everyday.

daddysgirl 11-28-2011 01:54 AM

I have family in Illinois an am checking to see if he has this card........is it easy to transfer ownership?

Marlinman 11-28-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddysgirl
I have family in Illinois an am checking to see if he has this card........is it easy to transfer ownership?

I dont know about IL laws on it but ya usually. If you are buying it on line then i might be wrong but i think you have to pay the ffl fees and shipping on top of the gun/tax.

daddysgirl 11-28-2011 02:08 AM

awesome......thank you!

Marlinman 11-28-2011 02:09 AM

Your welcome. Id ask a few more people though if i were you ma'am

c3shooter 11-28-2011 03:10 AM

Hi there! Basic primer on buying a modern day firearm- if gun is crossing a state line, it must be shipped to a dealer in the state of the person receiving the gun. We can help you find a list of dealers that have signed up to do transfers.

FOID- Firearm Owners ID Card- requirement for the state of Illinois ONLY. If gun is going to anyone in Illinois, by state law, they must have one before they can touch a gun.

PS- NEVER use term Ex-Marine. They tend to get all red faced. Term is FORMER Marine. Ex Marine is one who has been booted out. (Dad of a retired Marine here)