help with info about old .22 revolver - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > help with info about old .22 revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well damn the closest gunsmith is 60 miles away -_- .... I just don't know. Ill look into just getting a new one for the mean time

Thanks again everyone

Old 07-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have several old guns, some in pretty bad condition. Most I would not shoot unless it was a situation where death was imminent. However, I have had these guns for years, even decades, and they have never done me or anyone else any harm. As long as you are a responsible owner, neither will yours. I'll never understand the mentality of those who will tell you to rush out and destroy a weapon simply because it is neither new or pristine in condition. If you don't need to shoot the gun, or need to have it repaired, please don't think it mandatory that you do anything with it. Put a lock on it, attach a note to it warning anyone that it is unsafe to fire, or sell it to someone who wants a display piece. Just don't overreact.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #13

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDVague View Post
I have several old guns, some in pretty bad condition. Most I would not shoot unless it was a situation where death was imminent. However, I have had these guns for years, even decades, and they have never done me or anyone else any harm. As long as you are a responsible owner, neither will yours. I'll never understand the mentality of those who will tell you to rush out and destroy a weapon simply because it is neither new or pristine in condition. If you don't need to shoot the gun, or need to have it repaired, please don't think it mandatory that you do anything with it. Put a lock on it, attach a note to it warning anyone that it is unsafe to fire, or sell it to someone who wants a display piece. Just don't overreact.
Why would my words be taken literally? When someone tells another to jump in a lake is that meant to be taken literally? This gun is a piece of crap and anyone who knows anything about guns wouldn't be too quick to fire it unless like you said death was imminent. It does belong in a crusher, but like I said it's up to the owner to do as he wishes with it. He can even take it to be repaired, refinished and even engraved if he has mind to. Why someone would want to even own it unless it had a sentimental value, such as belonging to dear old grandpa, is beyond me?

Hopefully one would have a gun of higher quality so as to never having to resort to using it if death were imminent. I too question the mentality of others from time to time, as well.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

If you do decide to shoot it,use standard velocity 22s subsonic,not hi-velocity!!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well I went to the range and shot it about 50 times with no problem and its pretty accurate at 25 meters, don't get mad at me for not listening I was advised by a gun expert that it was safe. So all be keeping it. Thanks again guys!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 21 Posts

One last thought, if you decide to not shoot it anymore or just junk it. Before I cut it in half with a bandsaw, and throw it in the garbage, I would not talk to my local gun shops first. I would get on line and check out gun part sites to see if by chance they have parts for that manufacture. Maybe it won't be much, but they might want to buy it from you for their parts inventory. There is always somebody out in gun land looking for hard to find parts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,give it a shot !