Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   help with info about old .22 revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/help-info-about-old-22-revolver-93853/)

Craleb 07-13-2013 05:32 PM

help with info about old .22 revolver

Hello I am hoping someone can help me figure out more info on my revolver.
I know its german made and has "fabico mod 4" on it
Its. 22 caliber 8 shot double action revolver.

There is absolutely nothing on the internet about it that I can find. Closest thing I found was a short story about a mod 3.. but not mod 4.

Is the barrel removable? There is a little give like it is screwed in..

Does anyone know how old it is?

There are a few little symbols on it but I can't tell what they are except one is. Like a sheipd with "62" in it. Any info or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance

Also hope I'm posting in the correct place as this is my first post.

gr8oldguy 07-13-2013 05:57 PM

how about a picture? sounds like your describing a 22 revolver...need a bit more info. oh, and welcome to the forum from Wisconsin

Craleb 07-13-2013 06:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics. I should have posted these in the first place. Sorry.

gunsmoke11 07-13-2013 06:21 PM

I checked it out and found that Fabico was an importer located in Jacksonville Fla. That revolver is German made and is similar in quality to the RG. It's worth approx. $100 in exc. condition. In the shape this one is in you'd have to pay someone to take it. Stick it with the loose barrel into a crusher so no one will get hurt trying to shoot it. Sorry I had to tell you it's a POS.

Craleb 07-13-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 (Post 1303286)
I checked it out and found that Fabico was an importer located in Jacksonville Fla. That revolver is German made and is similar in quality to the RG. It's worth approx. $100 in exc. condition. In the shape this one is in you'd have to pay someone to take it. Stick it with the loose barrel into a crusher so no one will get hurt trying to shoot it. Sorry I had to tell you it's a POS.

Thanks for the info. Thats a bummer :-( I havent fired it in a while thankfully never got hurt. The barrel on turns about 1 to 2 mm like a screw not up down left or right so I felt like the bullet hole was still aligned. But... Better safe than horribly maimed I suppose.

HankStone 07-13-2013 06:34 PM

Try here but you must register!

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/search.php?do=process

gr8oldguy 07-13-2013 06:34 PM

Before you do something extreme, take it to a gunsmith for a once over. It may be perfectly safe to shoot. Get the facts before you trash it. good luck

therewolf 07-13-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8oldguy (Post 1303304)
Before you do something extreme, take it to a gunsmith for a once over. It may be perfectly safe to shoot. Get the facts before you trash it. good luck

I agree. For one thing, it looks like it has a very nice handle.

Don't laugh, good ones can be very hard to find, at any price.

Craleb 07-13-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8oldguy (Post 1303304)

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1303310)
I agree. For one thing, it looks like it has a very nice handle.

Don't laugh, good ones can be very hard to find, at any price.

Thanks I will go to a gunsmith today and see what they think

gunsmoke11 07-13-2013 06:53 PM

They don't call them suicide guns or Saturday night specials for nothing. A gunsmith will charge you, unless he's a friend, or family member more than what it's worth to check it, let alone repair it. That movement in the barrel can cause too wide a gap between the barrel and cylinder. Don't let anyone you like stand beside you while firing, cause there's a good chance it'll be spitting some lead out from the side and you should also wear eye protection as well. It's your revolver, so do whatever you feel you must.