Help identify this revolver

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Help identify this revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help identify this revolver

I have an old revolver with a 12" barrel, I believe it is a 45 cal. There is an oval on the frame above the trigger that has V. C. S. * C. G. H. and Suhl inside . All the numbers match and it is in fine condition. It has proof marks consisting of a
crown and B below. It could be a D instead of a B.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Did a quick google on "suhl gun" and came up with a number of listings. Your gun is probably of German manufacture. If you check google you might find some interesting data.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #3

Liked 269 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 21

A photo would certainly help. Sounds as if the gun is a single action made by J.P. Sauer & Sons of Suhl, Germany. They were one of many imported at the time, late 'sixties/early 'seventies.

They were massive guns lacking the finer lines of the current Italian clones. Believe the Herter single actions were made by them also.

Bob Wright