Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Handgun for the lady!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
But, without the ability to feel pain or comprehend having been shot, there is technically nothing preventing an attacker from continuing his actions (whether charging or stabbing or shooting or whatever) until the above happens, 5 or 10 seconds later. Of course, this isn't the norm or anything, but it has been documented.
Next one is into the head. If he is close enough to touch you, block his weaponry hand/arm with your offhand/arm, move toward him and shove the barrel of your gun straight up under their chin and pull the trigger. Then just step out of the way.

That has been documented too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #42

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
IMO, this thread is 3/4 full of fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafhardt View Post
I think that this talk of unstopable thugs is an indicatlon of the need for providing free abortion on demand. Killing the thugs before they are born is a lot cheaper than dealing with them later.
It's official. The fail has reached capacity and is now overflowing.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #43

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Deleted because the post I responded to was removed.

Last edited by knfxda; 08-11-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Deleted because the post I responded to was removed.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #44
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Ahh - that makes sense. I'm thinking that the p22 is fine for in the house as the most likely scenario will have the person no farther than 12 feet away and with nowhere to go (my house is not large). Emptying a 10 round magazine of CCI velocitor hollow points into the chest should do the trick I would think.

Neither I nor my wife have a CCW nor do we have plans to get one. The small town we live in just isn't dangerous. That and we really don't go anywhere but to work, the store and back home during daylight hours. We can't CCW at work nor at mostly any store in the area. If there is a problem, it will be in the house I think.

I have a 1911 in .45ACP in my quick safe, so it isn't like she will be the only one that is armed.

The Walther p22 was the only one she could operate after trying many at the store. It seems it would be wiser to have a gun that she can operate than a gun that can knock the guy down with one shot that she can't.
SoupNazi, I wanted to reply to this post, but I wanted to first tell you that I am glad that you found a weapon that your wife can use and that I am sympathetic to your situation. Please don't take this reply as a slam, but as genuine concern for your situation.

1st Paragraph: at only 12 ft, the BG will either be coming at her or start to come at her as soon as she fires. She will get off two shots at most and then will have to back peddle away from BG or will have to fight him for the gun. If 12 ft is the standard distance in your domicile, make sure to think about this scenario.

2nd Paragraph: Most of us have obtained CCW's to use, true. But I can give you some other reasons to get one now while you think you may not need one or may not use it; If you ever do need it, you will already have one, A CCW is easier to renew than to obtain initially, A time may come when you can no longer obtain a CCW as easily as you can now and you will want one, It helps show support when the government runs the numbers on the people currently in possession of CCWs. Basically, I didn't get one in my original state when they were easy to get and the laws changed on me - I was forever kicking myself and had to move 2,000 miles before I could eventually obtain one. I will never pass up the chance to have one again. Just something to think about while you have a choice.

3rd Paragraph: Many times, BGs will wait to see you leave to make sure the house is empty or the biggest protector isn't there, so you need to be sure the wife can handle it on her own. Also, if you have BGs that are targetting you, you should have layered security like alarms, panic room, etc. But don't count on you and the .45 for every defense encounter.

I hope that helps, because like I said, I really am sympathetic to your situation! I'm glad the wife is now armed and feeling better about protecting herself. Good luck!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #45

I thank u for the advice. I certainly am not a tactics expert. Not police or ex military.

Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.