Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > H&R Automatic Cylinder

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 323
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default H&R Automatic Cylinder

I have a 32 caliber H&R Automatic Revolver. Problem is it has play in the cylinder and I was wondering how to tighten it if possible.

Spetsnaz for Life



__________________
KalashnikovBlood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,904
Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood View Post
I have a 32 caliber H&R
Quote:
Automatic Revolver.
Problem is it has play in the cylinder and I was wondering how to tighten it if possible.

Spetsnaz for Life
Ain't that one of them oxi-moron things


__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 15,735
Liked 7550 Times on 3286 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Default

Hossfly- not at all- that was the model name. When you broke open the revolver, it AUTOMATICALLY ejected the empties from the cylinder.

__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,904
Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Hossfly- not at all- that was the model name. When you broke open the revolver, it AUTOMATICALLY ejected the empties from the cylinder.
Dang C3 - Thought you were used to my BS by now
I'm actually a big fan of the older H&R revolvers
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 323
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default

When I say play it means it rotates a little bit and it makes me feel a bit uneasy. Occasionally you can feel some sort of Small particles hit you

Spetsnaz for Life

__________________
KalashnikovBlood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,904
Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood View Post
When I say play it means it rotates a little bit and it makes me feel a bit uneasy. Occasionally you can feel some sort of Small particles hit you

Spetsnaz for Life
OK, sorry - seriously -- Not uncommon in the older H&R topbreaks-
Not a gunsmith by any means but parts ARE availible to correct timing-
Numrich is the best I know of---

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Models.aspx?catid=229
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #7
Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 15,735
Liked 7550 Times on 3286 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Default

Sorry Hossfly- had just been dealing with some incredible DUMB on another forum, was still on autopilot there for a minute.

As he said, what you have sounds like a timing problem, and you are shaving lead from the side of the bullet on firing. Problem MAY be the star on the back of the cylinder- however- the hand (little bit of metal that pushes out to turn cylinder when you cock revolver) is subject to damage- especially if gun is open, cocked, and then try to close while cocked. Edge of cylinder will hit the tip of the hand, dinging it. If that is case, smith can replace it or dress the metal back to shape.

__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,904
Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sorry Hossfly- had just been dealing with some incredible DUMB on another forum, was still on autopilot there for a minute.

As he said, what you have sounds like a timing problem, and you are shaving lead from the side of the bullet on firing. Problem MAY be the star on the back of the cylinder- however- the hand (little bit of metal that pushes out to turn cylinder when you cock revolver) is subject to damage- especially if gun is open, cocked, and then try to close while cocked. Edge of cylinder will hit the tip of the hand, dinging it. If that is case, smith can replace it or dress the metal back to shape.
No apoligies needed ----I often see what you deal with
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 323
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Thank you guys for all the info

Spetsnaz for Life



__________________
KalashnikovBlood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Cylinder Honing Ruzai Gunsmithing Forum 9 03-05-2013 01:20 AM
Non-fluted cylinder for a 686? Robc10x Revolver Handguns 2 02-12-2012 04:04 AM
Cylinder troubles JLNobes Blackpowder & Musket 10 04-12-2010 05:14 AM
Removing cylinder? waylap Revolver Handguns 2 03-06-2009 12:47 AM
The Gap Between The Cylinder And Barrel Squirrel Revolver Handguns 12 08-26-2008 02:26 PM