Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > H&r 922

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default H&r 922

Anyone ever heard of this old revolver!! My dad had it for about 50 years!! I think my Grandfather had it for a few years before that! It has to be dated back to the "40's or before!! Little 22 9 shot revolver!! Just spent 2 hours cleaning it!! I don't think it had ever been cleaned->GUN ABUSE! Anyway just wanted some info on value and history on this gun!! Thanks!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19982 Times on 11360 Posts
Likes Given: 50407

my father has what i believe is a Model 929 nine shot 22 lr revolver with a 6" barrel, that belonged to my grandfather. was one of the first pistols i ever shot when i was a youngster. looks pretty close to this one.

h-r-929-revolver.jpg  

Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
my father has what i believe is a Model 929 nine shot 22 lr revolver with a 6" barrel, that belonged to my grandfather. was one of the first pistols i ever shot when i was a youngster. looks pretty close to this one.
Yes that looks like the one!! This has the 4" barrel but it appears to be the one!! shoots 22 longs correct?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19982 Times on 11360 Posts
Likes Given: 50407

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Yes that looks like the one!! This has the 4" barrel but it appears to be the one!! shoots 22 longs correct?
pretty sure it shot all three. been a long time since i have even seen the pistol. when i still lived at home, we would use it with the shotshells to shoot rats in the barn without doing damage to anything else. i know it's been at least 30 years since i have even seen the pistol. not even sure exactly how old the pistol is or when my grandfather bought it, but do know he had it in at least the mid 1960's.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mine is a great shooter. Double/Single action with a great trigger pull. In fact it blows doors on my SP101 8 shot (My SP is 14 pounds in DA mode). I prefer shooting the H&R over the SP.

It has a loading gate, but pulling the pin and removing the cylinder is much faster. The pin doubles as the ejector rod when the cylinder is removed. The loading process becomes easier the more you shoot it.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRound
Mine is a great shooter. Double/Single action with a great trigger pull. In fact it blows doors on my SP101 8 shot (My SP is 14 pounds in DA mode). I prefer shooting the H&R over the SP.

It has a loading gate, but pulling the pin and removing the cylinder is much faster. The pin doubles as the ejector rod when the cylinder is removed. The loading process becomes easier the more you shoot it.
You saying I stumbled on a great range gun-?? I guess it will shoot. God knows how long its been since last fired! So that gun will shoot 22 Longs and shorts??

Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

You saying I stumbled on a great range gun-?? I guess it will shoot. God knows how long its been since last fired! So that gun will shoot 22 Longs and shorts??
Took me two hours to clean and oil it up!! First 22 I ever cleaned, it was filthy and the cylinders are tiny. Didn't think I had anything small enough to run through them. But I managed!! Might take it to the range tomorrow you got me curious-

Old 06-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Remember not to dry fire a .22.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
God knows how long its been since last fired! So that gun will shoot 22 Longs and shorts??
Unlike a semi-auto, you can shoot them all in a revolver: Rat-shot, shorts, CBs, etc..

I paid $120 for mine at a pawn shop 2 years ago, fired thousands of rounds through it, and no misfires.

If you look at my picture you will see mine has a button behind the trigger. This is a safety for the hammer, similar to the work of a transfer bar. Not quite as safe as a transfer bar, but it does a good job. It prevents an accidental misfire if dropped on hammer or suddenly impacted while hiking. The hammer will not fall on a live round in the chamber unless that button is pushed.

I would check yours to make sure it works before carrying a live round in the chamber. Remove the cylinder and then test it by pushing the hammer down with and without the button pushed. When the button is not pushed down you should not be able to push the hammer down towards the firing pin.

Good luck with your new weapon and let us know how she shoots.

Last edited by LastRound; 06-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRound
Unlike a semi-auto, you can shoot them all in a revolver: Rat-shot, shorts, CBs, etc..

I paid $120 for mine at a pawn shop 2 years ago, fired thousands of rounds through it, and no misfires.

If you look at my picture you will see mine has a button behind the trigger. This is a safety for the hammer, similar to the work of a transfer bar. Not quite as safe as a transfer bar, but it does a good job. It prevents an accidental misfire if dropped on hammer or suddenly impacted while hiking. The hammer will not fall on a live round in the chamber unless that button is pushed.

I would check yours to make sure it works before carrying a live round in the chamber. Remove the cylinder and then test it by pushing the hammer down with and without the button pushed. When the button is not pushed down you should not be able to push the hammer down towards the firing pin.

Good luck with your new weapon and let us know how she shoots.
Thank you!! It's just a family gun!! That finally ended up in my hands!! I would never carry this weapon!! But I will get it to the range soon!! If she shoots good, be a good inexpensive way to target practice!! Buddy of mine told me its made date is 1954, he researched through the serial no!! 60 year old gun that has been neglected, shows me how durable guns in generally really are!! Provided it shoots!! Lol