h and r
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > h and r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default h and r

Looking at a H and r at the local pawn shop its ugly and cheep. My kind of gun. But. Is it any good. Or just anouther saturday night special. This one is chanbered in 32 long. I know. Under powered. But I allready carry A 32auto

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8690 Times on 3763 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

H&R was not a high dollar gun, but well made, durable. The company that made the gun you are looking at is long gone, and parts may be an issue.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm old enough to remember H&R and loved them from the old catalogs (when those catalogs were new and I was a boy). Never owned one, I bought a Ruger back then.

And I think a .32 long would be wonderful because it is different, and therefore much more interesting than a common caliber. The gun you describe would tempt me!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #4

Liked 1047 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

GET IT ! , I have a S&W k frame spanish knock off in the .32 long ''.32wcf '' Correct me if im wrong .
It is not that underpowered , it is far from the .32 auto and in my book and experiance is titty for tat with a 38spl , When I got mine it came with a few rounds of the old BP ammo , I had to scrub the furry green off them before chambering , They still had enough ass to go in and out of a car door , be aware , the rounds are quite high for it , not a plinking gun

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #5

i went to pick it up but discover a problem with this one after a little fittling the timing is off i supect a broken spring so im going to pass on this one but i get around and hope to find anouther one the local farm store by me sells 32long and other odd ammo right off the shelf at good prices to so im good for ammo

Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8690 Times on 3763 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

.32 WCF is NOT .32 S&W Long. It is another name for the .32-20. Totally different cartridge. I have a S&W in .32 Long, and it is a very accurate cartridge, mild recoil.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #7

Liked 1047 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

I have been told they were the same , also been told that one was a rifle round with alot power and NOT to use it in the wheel gun . Mine says 32 wcf , the rounds that came with it say 32-20 and they are quite long for a pistol round

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #8

Liked 702 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123 View Post
Looking at a H and r at the local pawn shop its ugly and cheep. My kind of gun. But. Is it any good. Or just anouther saturday night special. This one is chanbered in 32 long. I know. Under powered. But I allready carry A 32auto
Who cares if it's any good. It's almost November. Get it while you still can.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #9

i got enouf guns for my self but i do plan on getting some hi cap glock mags befor they are outlawed again

ow the local farm store by me has 327 32 long and short and 32mag altho i did stump them on 9mm 9X23 ammo when someone sell you a gun chambered in a odd ammo size cheep theirs a reason cant get ammo