a gun that doesnt exist
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > a gun that doesnt exist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default a gun that doesnt exist

i recently purchased a 1974 .357 magnum dragoon made by interarms the problem i have is the dragoon guns didnt come out until 1977 and there is nowhere on the web that has any info on my revolver can eny one help me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

well..... there was the Virginian Dragoon, and then there was the Virginian SA. Similar to a Colt Single Action Army, actually made by Hammerli (I think) and imported by Interarms from 1973-1976. Got a "base pin safety system" aka "swissafe". Think the Dragoon was made by Helwan.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #3

also a picture would be extremely helpful..

-Peter

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
-Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member

Old 06-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #4

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

For the full story on Interarms, go to:

www.singleactions.com/VADragoons.pdf

This is a very detailed story by Lee Martin, probably one of the most knowledgeable, if not the most, men on the subject of these single actions.

Bob Wright

Old 06-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I rember looking at one back in the mid 70`s. It was a couple of bucks higher in price than the Ruger Super Blackhawk. I ask the dealer and he said it was a better gun in his oppenion. I told him I though I would still keep my 3 screw to which he replied he would trade me a new one for my used 3 screw. I`ve still got that old 3 screw and it`s put several deer in the freezer in the 42 years I`ve owned it. MAN, I must be getting old.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #6

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I rember looking at one back in the mid 70`s. It was a couple of bucks higher in price than the Ruger Super Blackhawk. I ask the dealer and he said it was a better gun in his oppenion. I told him I though I would still keep my 3 screw to which he replied he would trade me a new one for my used 3 screw. I`ve still got that old 3 screw and it`s put several deer in the freezer in the 42 years I`ve owned it. MAN, I must be getting old.
Like you, I examined one about the time of their introduction. Compared to my Ruger Super Blackhawk, the gun seemed "coarse", for lack of a better term, not as sleek looking as the Ruger. But what turned me off was the trigger pull and "mushy" hammer fall. I've shot a few since then, still glad I stuck with my Rugers.

Bob Wright