Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Grips for Taurus Model 65

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Grips for Taurus Model 65

So, I had been toying with the idea of putting new grips on the old Taurus .357 just for ease of handling hoping to smooth out the action. I think I slacked on it a bit because I honestly like the look of the old fashioned wooden grips. At a recent gun show, I picked up some speed loaders which changed the whole ball game. The original grips jut out just a bit too far, causing me to approach the cylinder at an angle (thus, negating the point of a speed loader).

Here's my biggest problem... This is an old revolver (circa 1979 S&W clone). The frame is just a tad different than what is usually available on the markets. I'll honestly have to show you pictures to explain better.

Most square butt K frames look like this (don't pay attention to the red arrows, etc. This is just a pic I found online) Pay attention to the little pin at the bottom of the butt.

Mine has 2 pins on either side, instead of the single pin and hole in the middle of the butt frame. I've tried Hogues, S&W, and even a pair of colt grips. Nadda. I've heard that Pachmyre has a set that will work, but I have yet to find them. Has anyone else come across this problem before? From what I've heard at a few local shops, this is not a common thing to run into.

Last edited by Jynx; 07-01-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nothin, eh?

Ok, I'll get more pics up as soon as I can that will hopefully explain it a little better.