GP-100 vs M60 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > GP-100 vs M60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
My Model 66 rolls, as I call it, so smoothly I can hardly tell you in words. My SP101 on the other hand does not. . . I'm doing some work to it, so hopefully it will soon.
Good point, I totally forgot to mention that. diggs, if I can call you that, is absolutely right about the different "types" of recoil. I notice that with my 44 magnums that the heavier the bullet the more "torque" you feel. You and actually feel the the weapon twist in your hand as you fire. If I am remembering correctly what you are actually "feeling" is the bullet traveling through the rifiling. The heavier the bullet the more you feel. For example, I shoot some 44 magnum 340 grain +P+ Buffalo Bore loads though my Redhawk once and a while, just for the heck of it, and I can feel the grip twist counter-clockwise if my grip on the weapon is not firm enough.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
Good point, I totally forgot to mention that. diggs, if I can call you that, is absolutely right about the different "types" of recoil.
That's what they usually do call me. . . on a good day and to my face. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
I notice that with my 44 magnums that the heavier the bullet the more "torque" you feel. You and actually feel the the weapon twist in your hand as you fire. If I am remembering correctly what you are actually "feeling" is the bullet traveling through the rifiling. The heavier the bullet the more you feel. For example, I shoot some 44 magnum 340 grain +P+ Buffalo Bore loads though my Redhawk once and a while, just for the heck of it, and I can feel the grip twist counter-clockwise if my grip on the weapon is not firm enough.
I do0n't have eno0ugh experience in the shooting of max loads through .44 mags to compare. The Buffalo Bore I carry and sho0ot is 270 and 300 grains respectively. I've never seen the 340 grain stuff here, but now I gotta order some!

Managing heavy recoil is yet another realm of handgun mastery all to itself.

WHAT A WONDERFUL, DYNAMIC SPORT!!!

Every handgun collection is incomplete with out at least one good .44 mag.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is the 340 gr +P+ Buffalo Bore Load in my 7 1/2" Ruger Redhawk. The bottom image always surprises me.
I mean a 7 1/2" barrel disapears in the flash and it happened so fast that I barely remember the flash, other
than the loss of my night vision.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-18-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I love the last photo.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams