Got an Sp101 - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Got an Sp101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #51
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Took it out and shot it the other day. Shoots great, but I'm going to have to work on accuracy.

Right now I'm not getting good 5-shot groups. They was a flier on about every fourth or fifth shot from my grip or twitch or something!

My 8yr old son shot some .38 specials through it and hit the bullseye on the first shot at 5yrds!!! He's a natural.
It's that long, heavy trigger pull. I'm going to have a new spring set put in mine this week.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #52

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Took it out and shot it the other day. Shoots great, but I'm going to have to work on accuracy.

Right now I'm not getting good 5-shot groups. They was a flier on about every fourth or fifth shot from my grip or twitch or something!
Don't get discouraged. The best investment you could make for that revolver is a set of snap caps. Dry fire the heck out of it in DA while maintaining your sight picture. Practice switching targets, obtaining sight picture and maintaining it throughout your pull(s). Just keep it up and gradually you will get more consistent and the gun keeps on bonding to you.

I've heard great things about aftermarket trigger options, but I haven't got around to any of that and still keep improving with this gun. I can now shoot it proficiently weak handed also.

Lots of practice though. . .

Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #53

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I bought some snap cars for it the first day I got it. I'm not giving up yet, I'm going to shoot the crap out of it.