Got a letter from Smith&Wesson

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Got a letter from Smith&Wesson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Got a letter from Smith&Wesson

Wow I can't believe it S&W contacted me today to inform me they are going to replace my 629-6, I had posted here about the firing pin breaking twice in the first month I owned it and how disappointed I was with the quality. The second time I sent it back I mailed a letter to the customer service department and included a copy in the gun case that I sent to repair it took a little over a week to get this letter and they apologized for taking so long to contacted me. Well I am impressed now, I have always thought they should replace it but didn't think they would they are a huge company and I'm just one customer of millions they have, well they just got a customer for life.

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9843

Good to hear. Great customer service makes for great business and they know it.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I called S&W about getting one of the two side plate screws that someone had buggered up on my 28-2. Not only did they not charge me, but sent both screws. GREAT SERVICE! Glad to hear your back in the saddle again

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I sent them my model 19-4 and if they try to replace it I'm going to be upset.

I'm glad to hear they're taking care of you. Good customer service is rare these days.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Great Service

Wow I got the follow up call they needed my FFL dealer info and told me I'd get it by Friday.... Holy Smokes "These Guys are Good" well I've been looking at the Model 627 I believe that'll be my next S&W. It is hard to find good service and when I do I stick with them, in my job I deal with printers all across the country and the ones that get most of my business are the one with great customer service they might not have the low ball price but they got great service thats what keeps me coming back.

John Wayne

Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've found S&W customer service to be phenomenal. Great company and proud that they are my neighbor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default a follow up

Well S&W made good on there warranty got the replacement Thursday took it to the range yesterday and for the first time I walked out of the range with my 629 still working I ran a box of 240 gr SJSP cartridges through her and the firing pin held up. I think I have a winner this time. This one has a different grip on it it's real comfortable in my hand but I had bought a Pachmayr Decelerator while it was at S&W service and when I got the replacement I went ahead and put it on and that's what I used at the range yesterday... gotta say I didn't like it at all for one it didn't fit real tight and when I tighten up the screw the end came through the other side so I backed it out till it was flush and that isn't tight enough so I have put the one that came with it back on here is a link that shows the different grips the original one on the first pistol the Pachmayr and the replacement check them out.
Different Grips pictures by rjgnwdc - Photobucket

John Wayne

Old 03-16-2011, 04:55 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've owed/owned several S&W, the only issue I had was with the second M&P 45 I bought. It came with three mags and one simply didn't function right. When I called them and explained the situation they sent me a new mag at no cost. I took the mag apart and didn't see any issues, put it back togeter and it worked fine. I contacted S&W and told them what I did and the mag was working fine. The response was "good to hear now you have an extra mag. Please mark it as a range mag incase the issue continues".

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

As a hard core S&W fan, I love to read these reports. Back in the '80's, they did not do nearly as well.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."