Good Holster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Good Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Good Holster

I'm looking for a holster for my anaconda... I want one that is soft inside to use for hunting and general transportation. I had an Uncle Mikes Sidekick holster, and I could see it polishing the barrel after a day of using it. I returned it. Are leather holsters good? I heard that there can be problems with them removing bluing, is that true? My gun in stainless.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Shiny Stainless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treillw View Post
I'm looking for a holster for my anaconda... I want one that is soft inside to use for hunting and general transportation. I had an Uncle Mikes Sidekick holster, and I could see it polishing the barrel after a day of using it. I returned it. Are leather holsters good? I heard that there can be problems with them removing bluing, is that true? My gun in stainless.

Thanks
One of the benefits of stainless, the more you use/clean it/HOLSTER it the better it looks If this "polishing" bugs you, yes there are a lot of LINED holsters out. The better ones are silicone suede leather lined. They are pretty pricy, and will set you back 3-4 times of what you paid for the Uncle Mikes. I used lined holsters on my blued guns, and leather holsters on my stainless guns. Remember leather requires upkeep/treatment or in a short time they will get that "GREEN' look By the way-on your third post=Welcome to the Forum!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Last edited by BILLYBOB44; 03-18-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Welcome In.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #3

Liked 263 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 21

As I recall, Bianchi offers soft suede lining for most of their holsters, also Safariland. These do provide less "polishing" effect.

Bob Wright

Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #4

so leather is better than the "synthetic" holsters?