Is this a good deal - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Is this a good deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover247
The ammo for 22 is now actually going for 0.50 cents per round, I don't know what state you are in but you have it lucky if you can even find ammo, I haven't found any since a year ago
If u actually pay .50 cents a round for 22LR you are just plain stupid I would rather use my 10/22 as a paper weight at that point... I've consistantly seen 22lr at my local dicks on Long Island NY for 23.99 for 500 rds as long as you go early on Mondays or Fridays.. Personally I have over 6k rds of 22lr from back when a 525 brick of blazers was only 13.99 shipped..

Didn't mean to side track the OP.. Just making my point..

Old 06-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #12

I can't buy them, the price tag says .50 but there is none there

Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #13

And on the Rossi website the same 22lr/410 combo is $233

Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

The Colt King Cobra is in very good(but not Excellent) condition. There is some minor wear showing where Holster marks would be from a concealed IWB holster. It was a Rare Build, only in Colt's catalog for about 6 years, replaced by the Python's that were produced shorter in length. This is not to be Mistaken for Colt's "Cobra" which was a light weight version of the Det. Sp. which Colt Produced for about 14 or 15 years.

Some background:
My Dad,& My Uncle(his brother in-law, they were close as friends long before my Dad & Mom got married) were both Gun Geeks, and Cops. My dad Was a US Postal Police Officer, Postal Inspector, and then Supervisor for a total of 36 years, almost fully concurrent with 37+ years In the US Army, With active duty in Korea & Vietnam, staring out in Artillery During The Korean, and Then As an MP then CID In Nam. My Uncle Was an NYPD Detective, and spent 24 years In the PD all total, Plus 8 Yrs. Before that With US Army Intelligence. As an NYPD Det. he was one of the cops who investigated and Locked up David Berkowitz(the Son Of Sam Killer). He also owned a very busy Guns & Sporting goods & LE supply Biz, First on Arthur Av. In the Bronx's little Italy, and then In Yonkers near Yonkers Raceway, which I grew up spending Saturday's and Summers at "helping out." The Cobra was My Dad's on-Duty BUG(he carried a Det. Sp. Off Duty, and a Ruger Security Six W/5" custom Mag-Na-Ported Bull Barrel, Until his Job Went to Autoloaders in the late 70's, when he started carrying the Ruger P-85. I do know he only took two Guns with Him as a Criminal investigator for the Army to Vietnam: His then Issue 1911-A1, and the King Cobra.

It has Less then 1K total Rounds through it, and some very good custom work including: a Jeweled Stainless Trigger, Rounded Hammer, rear sight removed and a "channel" replacing it, with an Orange Neon Notch front sight(I believe made by Brownell's).

I have not fired the Cobra since I re-acquired the rest of my collection(Shipped from my cousin's Basement by certified Registered transport(NY) to me here in AZ.) several months ago. My cousin did not shoot the Gun, and it was in "Long Term" storage mode.
I have since cleaned it, and will take it back out and Photograph it later today or tomorrow. It was Appraised(before I left NY) at $1300.00 By John Jovino & Sons of NYC in 2008. So why do I want to sell it? I have many good memories of both My Dad & all of my Uncles, But I need to part with several of these "era" guns so I can buy more current stuff for DW& I to shoot and Improve on.

I am Keeping his Det. Sp., The Python, The Smith 39/439, the Browning HP, and 3 of the 4 1911's, all guns he gave me or I inherited when they both Passed away(exactly 1 year to the day apart in 1987 & 1988.) They were also the same age, My uncle being 3 weeks older....
I am also selling off the Presentation 1986-75th Annv. Colt 1911, the 1973 100th Annv. Colt SAA, The 1892 Krag-Jorgensen .30-40 Bolt act. & the Orig. 1903 Strait Stock Marine Marksman Edition Springfield..
Just making room in the safes...

Got your PM OP, so i'll send you the pics directly and then we can talk.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-08-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #15

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Ya'll know there are telephones 'n PM's & email 'n such right?
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #16

Liked 2448 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover247 View Post
And on the Rossi website the same 22lr/410 combo is $233
Check Armslist. Used prices are right around $150. New ones around $200. $233 is just the MSRP, not true retail. Rossi is still making those. The King Cobra he's talking about is no longer made.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
The Colt King Cobra is in very good(but not Excellent) condition. There is some minor wear showing where Holster marks would be from a concealed IWB holster. It was a Rare Build, only in Colt's catalog for about 6 years, replaced by the Python's that were produced shorter in length. This is not to be Mistaken for Colt's "Cobra" which was a light weight version of the Det. Sp. which Colt Produced for about 14 or 15 years.

Some background:
My Dad,& My Uncle(his brother in-law, they were close as friends long before my Dad & Mom got married) were both Gun Geeks, and Cops. My dad Was a US Postal Police Officer, Postal Inspector, and then Supervisor for a total of 36 years, almost fully concurrent with 37+ years In the US Army, With active duty in Korea & Vietnam, staring out in Artillery During The Korean, and Then As an MP then CID In Nam. My Uncle Was an NYPD Detective, and spent 24 years In the PD all total, Plus 8 Yrs. Before that With US Army Intelligence. As an NYPD Det. he was one of the cops who investigated and Locked up David Berkowitz(the Son Of Sam Killer). He also owned a very busy Guns & Sporting goods & LE supply Biz, First on Arthur Av. In the Bronx's little Italy, and then In Yonkers near Yonkers Raceway, which I grew up spending Saturday's and Summers at "helping out." The Cobra was My Dad's on-Duty BUG(he carried a Det. Sp. Off Duty, and a Ruger Security Six W/5" custom Mag-Na-Ported Bull Barrel, Until his Job Went to Autoloaders in the late 70's, when he started carrying the Ruger P-85. I do know he only took two Guns with Him as a Criminal investigator for the Army to Vietnam: His then Issue 1911-A1, and the King Cobra.

It has Less then 1K total Rounds through it, and some very good custom work including: a Jeweled Stainless Trigger, Rounded Hammer, rear sight removed and a "channel" replacing it, with an Orange Neon Notch front sight(I believe made by Brownell's).

I have not fired the Cobra since I re-acquired the rest of my collection(Shipped from my cousin's Basement by certified Registered transport(NY) to me here in AZ.) several months ago. My cousin did not shoot the Gun, and it was in "Long Term" storage mode.
I have since cleaned it, and will take it back out and Photograph it later today or tomorrow. It was Appraised(before I left NY) at $1300.00 By John Jovino & Sons of NYC in 2008. So why do I want to sell it? I have many good memories of both My Dad & all of my Uncles, But I need to part with several of these "era" guns so I can buy more current stuff for DW& I to shoot and Improve on.

I am Keeping his Det. Sp., The Python, The Smith 39/439, the Browning HP, and 3 of the 4 1911's, all guns he gave me or I inherited when they both Passed away(exactly 1 year to the day apart in 1987 & 1988.) They were also the same age, My uncle being 3 weeks older....
I am also selling off the Presentation 1986-75th Annv. Colt 1911, the 1973 100th Annv. Colt SAA, The 1892 Krag-Jorgensen .30-40 Bolt act. & the Orig. 1903 Strait Stock Marine Marksman Edition Springfield..
Just making room in the safes...

Got your PM OP, so i'll send you the pics directly and then we can talk.
I would not get rid of any of those, I'm jealous...

Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #18

So how much 22 ammo will you be needing to make a deal