Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Good .45LC load

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Good .45LC load

I've recently aquired a pre '05 Ruger Vaquero .45 LC 4 5/8'. I love the gun and am planning on carrying it along with my hunting rifle on future hunting expeditions here in FL where the massive 100 lb deer roam. I like to carry a sidearm since I often hunt on Govt. land along with all types of weirdos. I don't reload, so I'm looking for a good compromise factory load in .45LC for self defense and taking a deer if it was needed to. The only load I can think of would be the CorBon 200gr. JHP +P at around 500+ ft/lbs of energy. Can you folks think of something better?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here