Freedom Arms 83, .500 Wyoming Express
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Freedom Arms 83, .500 Wyoming Express

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 620 Times on 440 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Default Freedom Arms 83, .500 Wyoming Express

Well boys, I picked up a used Freedom Arms Model 83 in .500 Wyoming Express yesterday evening. It has a 4 3/4" tube, optional round butt, and ebony grips. It was shot very little and is in near new condition for just over half the cost of a new one,, kind of felt guilty buying it,, yeah sure,, of course my wife is dubious of mastadons being rampant in the area but one never knows. I take it to the range this afternoon and see how brutal the 370 grain Grizzly fodder will be. By the data, this seems to be a medium loading versus the big 440 grain pills,, either way, I will reload the mildest loads listed for my comfort and shooting pleasure,, save my wrists. I will get my son to help me get pics and submit a range report soon.

Good shooting,

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 891 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Just the name of the cartridge sounds cool. I, personally am not a fan of heavy recoil handguns(or rifles) but I can see their appeal. Waiting for the pics and range report.
Just walking on the edge of of my grave.