Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Favorite Single Action Revolver Company?

View Poll Results: Favorite Single Action Revolver Company?
Beretta 0 0%
Charles Daly 0 0%
Colt 10 25.00%
EAA 0 0%
Magnum Research 0 0%
NAA 1 2.50%
Ruger 30 75.00%
Uberti 4 10.00%
US Firearms 1 2.50%
Other 2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default Favorite Single Action Revolver Company?

New poll. I meant to post this yesterday, but I had a busy day.

Favorite Single Action revolver company?

Me, I'm not gonna vote as I don't yet own any SA wheel guns, and have never shot any.

I used genitron.com and tried to put Manufacturers as the options which have a lot of different models to choose from.

*shrug*

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 07-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 521 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 2293

I likes my Rugers.
Well made.
Great variety.
Would love to have a real Colt Single Action Army

but the price.

Had one once
a gift from a friend
had to give it back.
A Long story.

Last edited by shadecorp; 07-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Have a Ruger Single-Six 22lr/22mag convertible that's extremely accurate and fun to shoot. The Cadillac of the collection is my Colt Single Action Army, 45 Long Colt, 7 1/2" barrel. It's like an extension of my hand/arm, balance is as close to perfect as it gets. Down side is it's a tad expensive to shoot.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7823 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

I didn't answer because I have limited experience with anything but Ruger. i desperately want to add some Colts to my collection though. I would not turn down any other manufacturer either, if for comparison purposes only.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #5

Liked 1681 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

I have a New Model Super Blackhawk that is really nice. But that is not why I voted Ruger. I have a New Model Vaquero. It is stainless. The finish is first rate. I haven't been able to take a decent indoor picture of it, because the flash bouncing off of it is blinding to the camera.

I did also have a Big Bore Bounty Hunter by EAA. It was a perfectly good gun. Nothing wrong with it. But nothing special about it either, if you know what I mean. I ended up trading it for a 30-30 lever action.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7823 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have a New Model Super Blackhawk that is really nice. But that is not why I voted Ruger. I have a New Model Vaquero. It is stainless. The finish is first rate. I haven't been able to take a decent indoor picture of it, because the flash bouncing off of it is blinding to the camera.

I did also have a Big Bore Bounty Hunter by EAA. It was a perfectly good gun. Nothing wrong with it. But nothing special about it either, if you know what I mean. I ended up trading it for a 30-30 lever action.
Turn off the flash and use natural filtered light. You might need to use a tripod to keep it steady for the longer aperature time.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #7

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I guess kids will have to learn the hard way regarding SA's and there are reasons why the old Colts just keep jumping up in value, while Rugers barely sell for more than what they did 20 years ago, though they do have their place. I prefer the vintage guns and here are just a few older decent Colts. But I must admit that my Cimarron Bisley Target 44-40 is just as good, if not better, than the current crop of Colts. I did hesitate buying it years ago, but never regretted it. It hurts me to say that.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
I guess kids will have to learn the hard way regarding SA's and there are reasons why the old Colts just keep jumping up in value, while Rugers barely sell for more than what they did 20 years ago, though they do have their place. I prefer the vintage guns and here are just a few older decent Colts. But I must admit that my Cimarron Bisley Target 44-40 is just as good, if not better, than the current crop of Colts. I did hesitate buying it years ago, but never regretted it. It hurts me to say that.

Nice guns. That last one looks like it has an extreme grip angle, angling inwards towards the trigger guard. Is it comfortable to hold/shoot?

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #9

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Nice guns. That last one looks like it has an extreme grip angle, angling inwards towards the trigger guard. Is it comfortable to hold/shoot?
That's the way grips were made for the Bisley models. The the 2nd Colt photo that I posted was originally a Bisley and had a similar grip on it, but apparently the owner wasn't happy with it and that's why it was converted to a SAA many years ago at the Colt factory. It is the most accurate SA I own though. After all, the Bisley is named after a town in England where international shooting competitions were held.

The Bisley also has the low profile hammer, which at least in my case I have found that combination of hammer and grip to be pretty comfortable. That grip does take a bit of getting used to, but they had their reasons for making it that way in order to assist in target shooting. It usually works well with people who have small hands, but I don't. I've been shooting SA's for well over 40 years, so I have no problem adapting to any style. You actually have to try it yourself to see if the grip would be compatible with the way you shoot.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #10

Liked 859 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Ruger. I'm not really a revolver guy, but I have the 22 Single Six. I also really like the Single 9. If I had tons of money, I would buy quite a few of their SA guns.......