Favorite revolver stories - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Favorite revolver stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was out hunting one morning with my 30-06 and Redhawk. I climbed this small knob where I could see in all directions. It looked like a good spot to try and rattle in a buck (or doe). About an hour into the rattling all the coffee I drank that morning was needing a place to go. I set my 30-06 up next to a small tree and stepped away from the stump I was sitting on to relieve myself. Well of course this is when the deer decided to show up. A nice sized doe jumped out of the brush and was looking right at me while my pants were still undone, and all I had with me was my Redhawk. So with my pants still undone I reached for my Redhawk still hanging from my belt and took a shot (I knew if I went for my rifle she would be gone). Bam... about a 40 yrd shoot right in the heart and she was down. This event is what really gave me the confidence to start hunting with a revolver. The only time I was really ever "caught with my pants down".

Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9167 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Had a small group of special police officers out for revolver qualification. Local USMC reserve unit kindly had agreed to let us use their indoor range.

The senior NCO had quetly advised me that the Instructor/Inspector (active duty Marine Officer) might drop in while we were shooting- and by all means, ask him if he would like to shoot- but under NO circumstances make bets with him.

Sure enough, the I/I dropped by. Displayed some interest in the revolvers we were using (S&W Mdl 65s) . Asked if he would like to shoot a couple of the timed event rounds- fire 6, reload, fire 6, 30 second limit.

He proceeded, with a borrowed revolver, to shoot the X ring out of the target- 12 rounds, double action- in well under 30 seconds. Found out later his prior assignment had been on the USMC pistol team!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #13

Liked 369 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i was 18 & out shooting with my dad, on our way home we saw some gophers off the side of the gravel road we were on. i got out to shoot at one with my new New England .22 revolver. i lined up on one poking out of his hole at about 10 yards, i shot, & it disappeared. i thought i had missed & he went back down. my dad told me to check it out, i walked up to the hole & saw that i had hit him right through the head & he dropped part of the way back in.

i was a very unsteady shot with a handgun back then & getting that first kill with that gun gave me confidence i needed at the time to prove that i could be a good shot & not to get discouraged.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #14

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Had a small group of special police officers out for revolver qualification. Local USMC reserve unit kindly had agreed to let us use their indoor range.

The senior NCO had quetly advised me that the Instructor/Inspector (active duty Marine Officer) might drop in while we were shooting- and by all means, ask him if he would like to shoot- but under NO circumstances make bets with him.

Sure enough, the I/I dropped by. Displayed some interest in the revolvers we were using (S&W Mdl 65s) . Asked if he would like to shoot a couple of the timed event rounds- fire 6, reload, fire 6, 30 second limit.

He proceeded, with a borrowed revolver, to shoot the X ring out of the target- 12 rounds, double action- in well under 30 seconds. Found out later his prior assignment had been on the USMC pistol team!
Should have made a bet with your friends that he woulda kicked their cumulative arse's.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.