False alarm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > False alarm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default False alarm

About 3 weeks ago, I get a PM on my local GA forum asking me if I want to sell my S&W 37 Airweight. I know this fella and I knew he had just sold his primary carry gun to cover some expenses. Since the 37 was nothing special to me, I sold him the gun with the pocket holster and extra set of grips for what I had in it.

Yesterday morning I log onto the local forum and I have a very frosty PM from this fella accusing me of selling him a gun with a cracked frame. He went on to say he was changing out the grips to the other set a saw a crack in the frame near the bottom of the hammer slot. I answered, politely, that I hadn't seen any cracks and I'd be happy to refund his money.

Whenever I pick up a new gun, especially if it's older, I always tear them down and give them a thorough cleaning & inspection. I was really mad at myself for missing a cracked frame on this one and felt bad that I might have done so. On my drive back to GA, I was thinking about this and wondering where the crack could have been for me to have missed it.

Since he saw the crack with the grips off the gun, I started to think about this a little more. The first thing that came to mind was he was seeing the seam where the sideplate mates up with the frame, but I tossed that out because he knows a bit about guns and wouldn't make this mistake. Anyway, he calls me about 5 minutes after I get home and apologizes as he had just realized it wasn't a crack at all and it was indeed the sideplate seam that got him riled up. All's well that ends well and I guess my gun inspection skills aren't as bad as I feared...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

You could say he jumped the gun! Lol.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

You know what they say when people assume stuff. I would have been riled up being accused of something like that as well. However, some peoples motto is "mistakes will be made others will be blamed".

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.