extra trigger, hammer & trigger guard??
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > extra trigger, hammer & trigger guard??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default extra trigger, hammer & trigger guard??

about a year ago i got a great deal on a blued ruger service six, i still have it and carry it daily as my ccw. i bought when funds allowed extra parts, i now have every extra part for the gun except the trigger and hammer. do these ever fail under normal use? reason i'm asking a friend of mine is parting out his gun and he will let me have them both for $30 which includes the trigger guard with pawl and transfer bar. will the trigger guard just fit on mine without gunsmithing? his blued guard is almost 100% good bluing and mine is about 50%. thanks for any help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #2

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Funny thing is that an item is ALWAYS cheaper as a whole than if bought in parts. If you have a need for every single replacement part for something, you're better off buying another of that item.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6723 Times on 3579 Posts
Likes Given: 504

They can wear out if you run maybe a couple hundred thousand rounds. Its not something i would be concerned on a ruger. Ruger will fix it if it breaks for free and if its not fixable they tend to give you a new gun.

I dont keep spare parts on my ruger new vaqueros and i use them for cowboy shooting so they see a lot of rounds and get used hard. I also run a uberti 1873 i keep spares for and a cz hammer coach i have a spare gun for. Im not concerned about my ruger revolvers breaking.

Most revolver parts require hand fiting. I wouldnt use parts from one revolver in another. Only fit new parts in revolvers never used ones. The tolerances from fitting are likely to be different and can cause a very unsafe condition which can lead to a negligent discharge lodging a projectile in an unintended person animal or object.

Its just not worth the risk of using parts from one gun in another when it comes to fire control mechanisms.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 02-02-2015 at 03:00 PM.