Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > EAA Revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default EAA Revolvers

I don't have a lot of money to spend and want a cheap revolver to keep in the truck. Has anyone had any experience with the EAA Windicator? The one I'm looking at is a .357 mag. My local gun shop has one for $279 NIB and an used one for $249. So any advice on these would be very helpful. (Would prefer advice from people who have actually owned and shot them)
Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2666 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Welcome to the Forum!

How about stopping in the "Introductions" area?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My brother owned one. Sweet lookin revolver. I loved it. I shot it a little and I liked how it handled. It's on my list of new toys to buy.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

They're ok for plinking. I have a 22.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

The single action series,I think called the Bounty Hunter is a surprising well made gun for the price,even in the larger center fire calibers.

I suspect however you're asking about their DA revolvers,probably called something like the Windicator.
I believe the guns are probably made for EAA in Germany.The ones I've seen are made out of an unknown alloy with a steel barrel liner in a shroud that is most likely aluminum.
A friend at the range has a 4 inch and a 2inch(?)in 357 that he claims to have thousands of rounds through the pair and even he is surprised at how well they have held up.(he reloads and shoots a lot of 38-38+p and 357 and I'm pretty confident about the round count and he claims about half was 357 in both guns.)
I have shot them a few times and the trigger and grip shape weren't anything to write home about but the guns were still accurate and functioned without a hitch.(your mileage may vary)
The last time I shot one of them we shot it with 357's side by side with my 2 inch Ruger SP101 with Hogue grips and even he commented that the recoil was more manageable with the SP101.(The EAA seemed jumpy for such a large gun,probably lack of weight at the muzzle.)

You didn't give many specifics as to barrel length...etc..or if you are locked on 357,however there are a lot of Taurus,Rossi,Charter Arms and police trade in S&W model tens running around or very near the same price point you are sighting.You might want to consider looking around for a more well known or proven brand.(of course then you would have to ignore the fact that I myself own a couple of Highpoint products)
Hope that helps in some way.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #6

Liked 1687 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

I did have a Windicator. It was the 2" model. I bought it when I was low on cash. I used it for concealed carry for awhile. I only got rid of it because I ended up with 3 revolvers of the same caliber. I kept the 2 Smith & Wessons. I sold the Windicator to fund an AR15 build. The windicator is a great gun. It is a little heavy. But still a great gun. I would buy the used one if I were you. They might even be willing to haggle a little. But I would definately buy one. You wont be sorry.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #7

Anyone know where they are made?

Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

The revolvers are made in Germany.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Weihrauch Arms is located in Bavaria. They produce both the Windicator and the Bounty Hunter revolvers for EAA.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #10

The grips are too small for my small hands and finding new grips will be a challenge. Made in Germany I liked. Had I taken off the grips, I wouldn't have bought it, especially used. The frame's edge, left side of hammer has light pitting on the leading edge.
I think it's too heavy for a 2" but suppose it's to accommodate the 357 and the trigger guard is some sort of aluminum, some alloy that chips far too easily. Had I a do-over, I wouldn't buy it again b/c of the cosmetics & weight and whoever owned it before me, was poor on gun care.