Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   EAA Revolvers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/eaa-revolvers-64677/)

jhughe11 05-17-2012 09:29 PM

EAA Revolvers

I don't have a lot of money to spend and want a cheap revolver to keep in the truck. Has anyone had any experience with the EAA Windicator? The one I'm looking at is a .357 mag. My local gun shop has one for $279 NIB and an used one for $249. So any advice on these would be very helpful. (Would prefer advice from people who have actually owned and shot them)
Thanks!

danf_fl 05-17-2012 10:54 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

How about stopping in the "Introductions" area?

Big-Nasty 05-18-2012 04:34 AM

My brother owned one. Sweet lookin revolver. I loved it. I shot it a little and I liked how it handled. It's on my list of new toys to buy.

barneygoogle 05-18-2012 05:12 AM

They're ok for plinking. I have a 22.

4tsmith 05-20-2012 12:21 AM

The single action series,I think called the Bounty Hunter is a surprising well made gun for the price,even in the larger center fire calibers.

I suspect however you're asking about their DA revolvers,probably called something like the Windicator.
I believe the guns are probably made for EAA in Germany.The ones I've seen are made out of an unknown alloy with a steel barrel liner in a shroud that is most likely aluminum.
A friend at the range has a 4 inch and a 2inch(?)in 357 that he claims to have thousands of rounds through the pair and even he is surprised at how well they have held up.(he reloads and shoots a lot of 38-38+p and 357 and I'm pretty confident about the round count and he claims about half was 357 in both guns.)
I have shot them a few times and the trigger and grip shape weren't anything to write home about but the guns were still accurate and functioned without a hitch.(your mileage may vary)
The last time I shot one of them we shot it with 357's side by side with my 2 inch Ruger SP101 with Hogue grips and even he commented that the recoil was more manageable with the SP101.(The EAA seemed jumpy for such a large gun,probably lack of weight at the muzzle.)

You didn't give many specifics as to barrel length...etc..or if you are locked on 357,however there are a lot of Taurus,Rossi,Charter Arms and police trade in S&W model tens running around or very near the same price point you are sighting.You might want to consider looking around for a more well known or proven brand.(of course then you would have to ignore the fact that I myself own a couple of Highpoint products:D)
Hope that helps in some way.

Rick1967 05-20-2012 12:28 AM

I did have a Windicator. It was the 2" model. I bought it when I was low on cash. I used it for concealed carry for awhile. I only got rid of it because I ended up with 3 revolvers of the same caliber. I kept the 2 Smith & Wessons. I sold the Windicator to fund an AR15 build. The windicator is a great gun. It is a little heavy. But still a great gun. I would buy the used one if I were you. They might even be willing to haggle a little. But I would definately buy one. You wont be sorry.

GunSavvyTeen 05-20-2012 04:07 AM

Anyone know where they are made?

barneygoogle 05-20-2012 05:24 AM

The revolvers are made in Germany.

crossfire 05-23-2012 07:51 AM

Weihrauch Arms is located in Bavaria. They produce both the Windicator and the Bounty Hunter revolvers for EAA.

AMMO-2-HI 05-29-2012 10:38 PM

The grips are too small for my small hands and finding new grips will be a challenge. Made in Germany I liked. Had I taken off the grips, I wouldn't have bought it, especially used. The frame's edge, left side of hammer has light pitting on the leading edge.
I think it's too heavy for a 2" but suppose it's to accommodate the 357 and the trigger guard is some sort of aluminum, some alloy that chips far too easily. Had I a do-over, I wouldn't buy it again b/c of the cosmetics & weight and whoever owned it before me, was poor on gun care.