Disappointed with my Taurus Judge - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Disappointed with my Taurus Judge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've had a number of Tauri but not the judge. i didn't have any problems with mine but sold or traded them as time went by and I found other things I wanted more. You mentioned the NAA mini. I bought the Mini Mag on impulse. Shot it once and was lucky to sell it for what I paid. Quality seemed ok but accuracy was something else. You don't expect much in the way of accuracy with such a short barrel but if you held it against your target you had a 50/50 change of hitting it. Good luck with the judge.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Old 09-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #12

I have a couple hundred through my "Judge" and no issues so far but.........

"In God We Trust"

Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine is not a revolver ,but an auto PT-745, and I am lucky so far, put a little over 1000 rounds through it and never have had any FTF or FTE and no other problems at all, guess I am extremely lucky. When I bought the Taurus, I was looking at the Bersa subcompact, but they were all on back order so I got yhe Taurus sub, and it is a sweet firing weapon.

Layton

Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneap View Post
I've had a number of Tauri but not the judge. i didn't have any problems with mine but sold or traded them as time went by and I found other things I wanted more. You mentioned the NAA mini. I bought the Mini Mag on impulse. Shot it once and was lucky to sell it for what I paid. Quality seemed ok but accuracy was something else. You don't expect much in the way of accuracy with such a short barrel but if you held it against your target you had a 50/50 change of hitting it. Good luck with the judge.

The NAA .22 mag is for extreme close quarter defense. I own one, and keep CCI snake shot in it. I wouldn't use it on someone who was more than 10 ft. away. My judge has been doing fine. It's lost some of the novelty since i bought it, but still a solid revolver.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trocar View Post
My judge has been doing fine. It's lost some of the novelty since i bought it, but still a solid revolver.
I just got a lemon, most Taurus owners seem to be perfectly happy with their guns. The company's certainly improved over the last few years.

Still, a cracked frame after less than 50 mild shots of a low pressure calibre isn't that kind of experience that'll send me running to the store for one of their .44s or .357s.

I admit that this was an impulse buy, I had no real use for the gun. I've got much better home defense weapons, and certainly better carry weapons as well. The novelty did wear off after a few weeks and I was thinking about selling it or trading it for something else.

Since the guys at the gun shop told me that the importer will either give me a new gun (in which case I'll sell it) or my money back, I see this little accident as the chance to get something I've really been lusting after (like a NIB S&W model 10 from the '50s they've got at the store) or something that I actually have a use for (I can get a Remington 870 for what I paid for the Judge).

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Bummer, sorry to hear about the Judge, I heard a lot of good about the pistol but a picture (even a blury one) is worth a 1,000 words. Pretty hard to go wrong with that S&W model 10 as a shoter and a collector item latter on. If it is like NIB that would be a sweet pistol to have.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Pretty hard to go wrong with that S&W model 10 as a shoter and a collector item latter on. If it is like NIB that would be a sweet pistol to have.
It's absolutely pristine, unfired, with it's box and paperwork. It's a 4" pencil barrel, so I don't think that it will go up in value too much, since there are lots like it, but it's a true classic that a wheelgun lover like me just has to have.

And the idea of of firing the first shot through a 40+ year old gun is enough to get me excited. I haven't heard back from the dealer yet, but I'm hoping to get my money back so I can get this baby, if they replace the revolver I'll have to put it up for sale.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #18

I've never had a problem with mine. Of course I load my own .45LC. I've put the better part of 1000 rds. through it and accurately too. I do recommend the federal .410 Handgun shells over any other regular shotgun shells, they're way more accurate. Sorry you had those problems, if that happened to me,damn right I'd be pissed.

God and guns make this country strong.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Very unusual for a revolver! It's the "usual" dependability of a revolver that some choose them over automatic pistols. And the main reason I own revolvers. They don't jam! The theory is the spool should handle high grain rounds but It wouldn't suprise me if you were firing high grain rounds? But you should be able to!! I have. Taurus Millennium I've pushed over 1000 rounds of above average grain rounds through but I try to avoid the highest grain rounds available. Although I have a few boxes of 7.62x39's. It's why the 50 caliber revolver only has five chambers. Best of luck in your endeavor!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #20

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

I have heard the cylinder jamming issue on 410 loads is due to using cheaper ammo causing the plastic casings to expand after the shot. Most jamming issues are fixed (again with 410 loads) by using higher quality ammo such as federal or Winchester. Just what I had seen I don't own one though. Thinking of getting one for the simple amusement. They are going for right around $450 on cheaper than dirt for a stainless public defender. Way less for polymer but I can't justify a polymer revolver.