Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Dating an H&R 922

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Dating an H&R 922

I've tried to pin down a close estimate of this H&R 922 revolver but cant find any with a serial number close to it and I'm lead to believe by the owner that its supposedly went through World War II as a personal back-up side arm or something to that affect.

Its got a pinned barrel and its loose, he wants me to fix it for him.
A couple of the chambers are tight on insertion of new rounds. Probably from shooting 22 shorts from the lines I can see in the chambers. Gonna have to polish those out.

I'm still on the fence about re-finishing it for him. He says its up to me but it doesnt really feel like it and I'm skeptical to do that since its got history and sentimentality behind it.

Any help on dating the gun would be wonderful.
Its got the brass/gold front sight, one piece grip, hammer mounted firing pin, its stamped on the left side of the barrel, the 6" barrel is round, and the actual handle of the frame itself under the grip is in a more c-shaped backstrap than a square-butt. Serial number prefix is C and is in the higher 6000 range.

Pictures will be up soon.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #2

"C" prefix = 1942 manufacture

Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you. Its a terrible thing that the gun isnt safe to shoot. In order to have this particular gun back safe enough to shoot I'd have to buy a new cylinder and re-time everything. Turns out it the owner's son decided to do some smiffin' on it and lost a part or two. They timing on the revolver as it is could cause the bullet to split off in two equal sections via the forcing cone on a few of the chambers if someone was unlucky or dumb enough to shoot it.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.