Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Revolver Handguns (
-   -   Dan Wesson .44 (

aandabooks 10-03-2013 11:19 PM

Dan Wesson .44
Working on a trade for a Dan Wesson .44 stainless 6" without the original wood grips. Has a set of Hogues on it.

Guy wants my SA Loaded stainless 1911. Both guns are in 98%+ condition. What kind of value difference am I looking at? Basically how much cash will make this a fair deal?

hardluk1 10-04-2013 05:19 PM

The stainless DW's are going for a good deal more than the blued models. Do you know what barrel type it has . Internally vented, non-vented or compensated design and where was it made. Price can run from $600 to 750. Some of use us a non-vented barrel to keep carbon and gun powder build up from between the barrel and shroud on the internally vented models so you don't have to clean after every range visit.
Note the photos in this the site below for a first design vented barrel.

EWKarms has everthing ever wanted for a DW revolver to keep in good shape or to upgrade. The Hogue grips if the soft rubber version work well to aid control and if prudy grips are wanted LB customs can cover that need.

You will be buying one fine heavy shooter with the DW 44mag.

I can't tell you anything about a cash difference as our Lgs is one of the lowest priced dealers around on new firearms. The blued SA loaded they have sells for $760, SS is 800 .
My DW's- 44 on top

limbkiller 10-04-2013 05:25 PM

Pretty much a fair trade if you ask me. On the market the loaded might be 100-150 more max. I don't have the .44 but have one in .357 and one in .22. I love both.